kru6070
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus zenfone M2 Pro
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (I usef your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
=====================================
24 REPLIES 24

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi F.T.P 
Thank you for your asking. As I remembered, the trigger of Emergency linked with the power button requires 5 times ( Yachendra said thrice, I suggest it depends on countries) of clicks. Since you will trigger the function with clicking the power button 1-2 times, I suggest you try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below first, if the situation remains the same, kindly bring your device to the nearest repair center for further checking.
1. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
2. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

abhaykrishnan02
Zen Master I
avoid pressing power button 3 times simultaneously

Vral
Star II
F.T.P

It's an everyday scenario that i accidentally press 1 or 2 time power button and it call emergency call phone didn't lock at first press then i press second time after taking 9 second gap then also it goes for emergency call , I'm facing this problem from last 6 months please i beg 🙏🙏 fix this please I'm having so much trouble from this it's annoying 😡😡 do fix it . Sometime i feel to throw away my phone , we don't want this feature anymore , even when i want to make screenshot then also this thing happens 5 or more times .😡fixxx ittt asap

screenshot-20201112-130317.png

View post
This has happened quite a lot not just pressing the power button, but also while unlocking the phone via finger print. There is some combination where when I unlock the phone thru finger print it somehow dials the emergency number and its quite annoying. This has started too often in recent updates. To all the people outrightly blaming end users, relax. We all are up for safety and security, but that should not result into frequent false alarms. Thing is the automatic dialing of emergency number in certain situations and the issue needs to be fixed. Asus may not provide the off switch, but atleast the device should not dial on its own unexpectedly.
See the log, you think I would take the trouble to pick the preferred card before dialling emergency number by mistake? Its but obvious this is a serious bug for this already f**** up software. MODERATORS dont ask for any video, I am sure you are intelligent enough to see the snapshot and figure out the shit loaded.

screenshot-20201114-013824.png

1. Go to Settings->Apps 

2. Show System Apps

3. Disable that f**king ZenUI Safeguard.

Worked for me.

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
F.T.P

It's an everyday scenario that i accidentally press 1 or 2 time power button and it call emergency call phone didn't lock at first press then i press second time after taking 9 second gap then also it goes for emergency call , I'm facing this problem from last 6 months please i beg 🙏🙏 fix this please I'm having so much trouble from this it's annoying 😡😡 do fix it . Sometime i feel to throw away my phone , we don't want this feature anymore , even when i want to make screenshot then also this thing happens 5 or more times .😡fixxx ittt asap

screenshot-20201112-130317.png

View post
1. This feature is a requirement if they want to sell the device in the country according to my knowledge.
2. My old lenovo, lg and my nokia 8.1 ,6.1plus also does the same.
Vral

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/132368#Comment_132368

This has happened quite a lot not just pressing the power button, but also while unlocking the phone via finger print. There is some combination where when I unlock the phone thru finger print it somehow dials the emergency number and its quite annoying. This has started too often in recent updates. To all the people outrightly blaming end users, relax. We all are up for safety and security, but that should not result into frequent false alarms. Thing is the automatic dialing of emergency number in certain situations and the issue needs to be fixed. Asus may not provide the off switch, but atleast the device should not dial on its own unexpectedly.

See the log, you think I would take the trouble to pick the preferred card before dialling emergency number by mistake? Its but obvious this is a serious bug for this already f**** up software. MODERATORS dont ask for any video, I am sure you are intelligent enough to see the snapshot and figure out the shit loaded.

screenshot-20201114-013824.png

View post
It is not a bug.