This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xbox ONE controller+USB OTG Problem in M2

RZU
Star I
Is it possible to connect an xbox 360 controller using a usb otg cable to an M2 phone? I got the light on the conttoller to blink but nothing else happened. I also tried to plug a mouse and some usb sticks but my phone only gave me pop ups about reverse charging or something. I tried using different otg cables and I also downloaded some apps that detect controller button presses but I got nothing.
Model Name: ZenFone Max Pro M2
Firmware Version: PKQ1.WW Phone-16.2017.2009.097- 20200826
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): n/a

8 REPLIES 8

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi RZU
Thank you for your asking. XBOX 360 controller supports some of our OTG supported model. To my knowledge, no additional app is needed, the phone will link with the controller once the two devices plug together with proper cable. Besides, some game apps support this function and some game apps do not.

RZU
Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi RZU

Thank you for your asking. XBOX 360 controller supports some of our OTG supported model. To my knowledge, no additional app is needed, the phone will link with the controller once the two devices plug together with proper cable. Besides, some game apps support this function and some game apps do not.

View post
Can I get the specific info about M2? Does it actually support connecting to an Xbox 360 controller via a USB OTG cable or no?
It's weird that even my mouse doesn't do anything other than popping up a "reverse charging" prompt when I connect it to my phone.

RZU
Star I
No one else is gonna help me with this? Not even the email I sent to asus support? They just stopped responding.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi RZU 
Thank you for your reply. First, please note that the mods on ZenTalk only work on weekdays. Second, for the third-party accessory, I may need your model for further checking. Kindly provide me the model of your Xbox 360 controller. Third, have you ever use the OTG with your MPM2 successfully?
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1007467/