This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banding issue with 5z in apps which use camera.

mshameemp
Star III
When I use any apps which uses camera there comes moving vertical lines on my screen and it vanish. Then again it wil come in between.
I think it's bcz of banding issue. Am from India , so I need 50hz antibanding(standard electricity frequency in india is 50hz). Bt instead 5z default is 60hz(I assume). I can change antiflickering to 50hz in asus camera app so that vertical lines go away bt that doesn't hav any impact on other apps which uses camera like CamScanner, whatsapp camera etc. I think if u make 5z default antibanding to 50hz for indian through an ota update then this issue will get solved.
I hav attached a video so that u will get more clarity on vertical moving lines.
29 REPLIES 29

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
mshameemp

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/8VI0OW7NT3GJ/2020-10-24-18-14-21-1.mp4

When I use any apps which uses camera there comes moving vertical lines on my screen and it vanish. Then again it wil come in between.

I think it's bcz of banding issue. Am from India , so I need 50hz antibanding(standard electricity frequency in india is 50hz). Bt instead 5z default is 60hz(I assume). I can change antiflickering to 50hz in asus camera app so that vertical lines go away bt that doesn't hav any impact on other apps which uses camera like CamScanner, whatsapp camera etc. I think if u make 5z default antibanding to 50hz for indian through an ota update then this issue will get solved.

I hav attached a video so that u will get more clarity on vertical moving lines.

@kikoly @Falcon_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @CH_ASUS please go through this thread every user face this problem with 5z camera
Any solution to this is appreciable coz scanning apps and social apps uses camera a lot for important works.
Thanksalot !

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/39139/banding-issue-with-5z-in-apps-which-use-camera

@kikoly @Falcon_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @CH_ASUS please go through this thread every user face this problem with 5z camera

Any solution to this is appreciable coz scanning apps and social apps uses camera a lot for important works.

Thanksalot !

View post
This is caused by the frequency of the light.
5Z will still be updated, but it is not sure when. Now that you have marked several officials, let them reply back and forth.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
mshameemp

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/8VI0OW7NT3GJ/2020-10-24-18-14-21-1.mp4

I'm sorry but we're currently not maintaining a separate FW for the Indian market on any of our phones. Can't you record with ASUS camera and import the video to your other apps? Unfortunately, regardless of your reply, this is not going to change.

mshameemp
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/39139/banding-issue-with-5z-in-apps-which-use-camera

I'm sorry but we're currently not maintaining a separate FW for the Indian market on any of our phones. Can't you record with ASUS camera and import the video to your other apps? Unfortunately, regardless of your reply, this is not going to change.

View post
There is an universal solution for that. U(mod) just want to make 50hz as system default by releasing a new update. Then it will be a world wide solution.
As indian and chinese electricity is 50hz and USA 60hz ,if u release an update with 50hz as system default then no one will b getting this problem again. I mean even USA will not have any issue in camera if u make 50hz as system default bcz there will b no banding if ur camera frequency equal or less than that of electricity frequency.

SO PLZ MAKE 50hz AS SYSTEM DEFAULT FOR CAMERA.

mshameemp
Star III
mshameemp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/130814#Comment_130814

There is an universal solution for that. U(mod) just want to make 50hz as system default by releasing a new update. Then it will be a world wide solution.

As indian and chinese electricity is 50hz and USA 60hz ,if u release an update with 50hz as system default then no one will b getting this problem again. I mean even USA will not have any issue in camera if u make 50hz as system default bcz there will b no banding if ur camera frequency equal or less than that of electricity frequency.

SO PLZ MAKE 50hz AS SYSTEM DEFAULT FOR CAMERA.

View post
Plz tag mods for my last comment ,where I hav mentioned an universal solution for that issue. @amitgarde3 , @kikoly