Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UM425IA 4700U, Bitlocker Recovery Issue

robby_agustinus
Star II
System: Windows 10 Home
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Asus zenbook UM425IA (Ryzen 4700U, 16GB, 512GB SSD)
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: None
Screenshot or video: Screenshot
========================
Detailed description:
After I bought it, I set it up with my microsoft account and after I start using it, most of the times (and now become always) after I shut it down, the system will turn off then turn back on (without me doing anything on the machine) and it goes to bitlocker recovery blue screen.

bitlocker-recovery.png

After this, I can do 2 things:

a. I look for the recovery key and then insert it, then it will boot again to WIndows (although it will took much longer than normal)
b. Press the power button for 10 seconds and force shutdown. When I turn back on, signing in to system is normal and quick
Then, I check my drive and it doesn't show that I has bitlocker on. I don't seems have any bitlocker apps anyway since the OS is Windows Home.
However, when I check Microsoft Office account, on my asus laptop, I click manage, and can see that it says Bitlocker is ON.
Overall, I can still use the laptop without any issue but it is tiring that everytime (almost) I turned off the machine, it will turn back on automatically then I have to force shut down the computer. It never happens when I boot the machine, it always happen after I shut down.
My question: Is there anyway to solve this problem? 
PS: I just debloat my windows and the system is pretty light and the temperature is getting much cooler now since the background process is less. One Drive is uninstalled as well. At the beginning when purchasing this laptop, if I put it in standard mode, the fan is keep throttling at full pace and the temp is at 80+ degree celcius. After debloat is became 40ish unless I have full load of excel, chrome, etc. However, after debloating windows, it doesn't change a thing for bitlocker recovery. I didn't debloat to cure the bitlocker issue anyway.

BIOS has been upgraded to 10.1.2.306
image.png
My Asus app
image.png

14 REPLIES 14

robby_agustinus
Star II
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/122845#Comment_122845

why can't your disable bit locker encryption.

Booting with bit locker encryption is too slow but full safety but sometimes , disk leads to destroying datas

View post
How to disable it? I can not find a way to do it and I have never enable bit locker.
I just also realized one thing, the laptop has issues with waking up from sleep. Many times I can see the infrared for windows hello is blinking when I tried to wake it up but the screen is blank and nothing would happen.
I have to keep typing on the keyboard or try to close the lid again. It was quite frustrating as it happens on daily basis although not everytime.
I tried to disable the fast startup which seems to fix the wake up issue but then the bit locker issue came back (after I turn it off, the laptop will turn on by itself after few seconds to the bit locker screen}
For now I have enable fast startup again which cure the bit locker issue but back with sleep to wake issues. Frustrating.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
robby.agustinus

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/123928#Comment_123928

How to disable it? I can not find a way to do it and I have never enable bit locker.

I just also realized one thing, the laptop has issues with waking up from sleep. Many times I can see the infrared for windows hello is blinking when I tried to wake it up but the screen is blank and nothing would happen.

I have to keep typing on the keyboard or try to close the lid again. It was quite frustrating as it happens on daily basis although not everytime.

I tried to disable the fast startup which seems to fix the wake up issue but then the bit locker issue came back (after I turn it off, the laptop will turn on by itself after few seconds to the bit locker screen}

For now I have enable fast startup again which cure the bit locker issue but back with sleep to wake issues. Frustrating.

View post
open powershell with admin rights then type the following line

Disable-BitLocker -MountPoint "C:"

robby_agustinus
Star II
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/124292#Comment_124292

open powershell with admin rights then type the following line

Disable-BitLocker -MountPoint "C:"

View post
Just tried that:
Do the powershell command that you told
disabling-bitlocker.png
After that, I tried to turn off the fast startup option again then I shut down the laptop.
However 5 seconds after I shut it down, the laptop turn back on by itself like before and go into the blue screen for Bitlocker. So, it doesn't work.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
robby.agustinus

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/124298#Comment_124298

Just tried that:

1. Do the powershell command that you told

disabling-bitlocker.png

After that, I tried to turn off the fast startup option again then I shut down the laptop.

However 5 seconds after I shut it down, the laptop turn back on by itself like before and go into the blue screen for Bitlocker. So, it doesn't work.

View post
use group policy editor , whether bit locker is configured to enable or not

robby_agustinus
Star II
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/124689#Comment_124689

use group policy editor , whether bit locker is configured to enable or not

View post
How to do this one?