ROG 3 suffers from heavy black crush issue

Cpz
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence:QKQ1.200419.002. WW_Phone-17.0823.2007.25
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):netflix,amazon prime india ,youtube(little bit)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have brought device August 12 ,2020 through flipkart first sale at 6auhust. I was very happy until i open netflix ,it has vert bad black crush issue even at full brightness ,in 50pecent brightness colour washed out heavy black crush issue is this hardware or software issue??anyway im just gonna refund ....but i asked some of YouTubers they have none issue ,but for fellow customers only have this😓. I decided to live with this but some of units have no issue why i wanna live with this issue for years so i try to get refund and but 12gb varient.
In YouTube crush issue is little low when compared to netflix and amazon prime ,rather than that this dev is beast 😍
I have noticed heat in aero active coller side(40°to43°) always while playing pupg at 90hz,balanced,extream . although I'm staying in AC room 22°c all time!

screenshot-20200814-161049930.jpg
img-20200813-wa0011.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-46-11.jpg
picsart-08-13-04-44-38.jpg
img-20200813-wa0012.jpg

993 REPLIES 993

Dr__SushP
Rising Star II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/123291#Comment_123291

Aero active cooler, phone cases,twin view dock are sold on Flipkart by the way rest idk

View post
Really ? I have been trying for last NINE MONTHS and all they say is coming soon or out of stock. Since the ROG 2 time... F**cking shitty company. Faulty products and morover they cant even supply their own advertised items properly. Would have used some more proper compliments towards ASUS but then this community would ban me then. I am a doctor and this is the worst investment of my life. Rather Shame on me

santhosh_h_v
Star III
skokov91

Hey guys. Got my yesterday (512/12gb) but black crush issue here )) should i refund ? Or wait next update .. Please someone help me )

View post
You can reach out to Flipkart's Twitter handle .. They were very good in handling the refund.. I got mine .. Sooner the better.. Last time I ranted about this issue, I was branded Samsung fanboy . All i did was to highlight the list of issues.. Go ahead with refund ASAP..
Regards
Santhosh

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Dr. SushP

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/123894#Comment_123894

Really ? I have been trying for last NINE MONTHS and all they say is coming soon or out of stock. Since the ROG 2 time... F**cking shitty company. Faulty products and morover they cant even supply their own advertised items properly. Would have used some more proper compliments towards ASUS but then this community would ban me then. I am a doctor and this is the worst investment of my life. Rather Shame on me

View post
I don't think Asus global has any say about our regional Asus india or a 3rd party seller Flipkart in this case
Sadly Asus India is meh 😞

Sora_Synn_Gamin
Star III
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/123715#Comment_123715

It's not a fix, it's a workaround which isn't acceptable. Stop promoting an app that doesn't fix it.

As for people telling us it's a "hardware issue" refer to: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37061/black-crush-explained-rog3-op-8

It's purely software, the fix is doable but a little complicated and needs some time to implement. Considering the pandemic, it will take some time for Asus to make such as solution.

View post
You're right. It doesn't "fix" it. Sorry for using such words. But it's a decent "workaround" until Asus fixes the problem. I agree with you it's software related not hardware. I agree it's not acceptable. I want a fix from Asus. But I'm going to keep using it until a fix appears.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
sorasynngaming

I've been able to use an app called Screen Balance to help relieve some black crush issues, makes watching youtube and any video media decent enough. Just sucks I have to use a third party app to fix what Asus has yet to do. These are the settings used to help remove most black crush issues.

screenshot-20201013-080412508.png

View post
This app is usefull for now but this app doesn't eliminate black crush instead this app hides black crush by changing black into grey
Asus does this some thing with brightness more than 50% but this app do the same work in all the brightness level but no matter what we do , brightness below 20% sucks for now , until they fix it
I can be wrong , i am no expert , its just what i observed