This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max plus M1 Software update problem

My phone is asus zenfone max plus M1 .
I want to upgrade my android 7 to 8 . I went to software update on my phone but I saw there is nothing to download . I visited the official asus website to download it's firmware and I checked the model number and I made sure that the current software model is ww and what I am going to download is ww . I downloaded it and I put it in the root directionery at internal storage . I rebooted it and I started updating . The screen fade out but then the progress bar showed itself . It was going to get completed but suddenly it had stopped and it said it is an error .
What can I do ?
3 REPLIES 3

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Arminmashreghi
Thank you for your asking. Please note that the device must upgrade to the latest version of Android 7 before you update the Android 8. Please provide me
1. Model Name: Settings>System>About phone
Refer to the link below to check the model name by model no. in the link
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1014441/
2. Your current firmware version
Settings>System>About Phone>Software information

Furthermore, please note that once the update is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted. Kindly backup your data first.

Christine_ASUS

Hi Arminmashreghi

Thank you for your asking. Please note that the device must upgrade to the latest version of Android 7 before you update the Android 8. Please provide me

1. Model Name: Settings>System>About phone

Refer to the link below to check the model name by model no. in the link

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1014441/

2. Your current firmware version

Settings>System>About Phone>Software information

Furthermore, please note that once the update is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted. Kindly backup your data first.

View post
Hi , thanks for your assistant .
I can't update any firmware by going to CHECK FOR UPDATE on device . Since I couldn't , I tried to download manually.
My device Information 👇
My device model name : Asus x018d
It's Android 7 .
Its build number is : WW_Phone-14.02.1809.70-20190708
Its baseban version : MOLY.LR11.W1603.MD.Mp.V35.4P119,2018/09/1710:38
Its Kernel version is : 3.18.35+
wind-kernel@droid#1
Mon Jul 8 15:45:08 CST 2019
Its Serial number is : C4ATAS000000
And I'm living in Iran .
And the update file I downloaded from Asus website is : UL-ASUS_X018D-WW-15.p2.1i1p.347-user
Thanks for your assistance

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Arminmashreghi
Thank you for your reply. Well, first, I can not find your firmware version on our official website.
https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-Max-Plus-M1/HelpDesk_BIOS/
Second, your Serial Number is not the official ASUS Serial Number, indicating that the device is not our product. I suggest you to return your device to your purchase channel. Kindly refer to the thread below as the similar issue.
Fasele

Hello .

I am from Iran .

I have a model of phone

ZenFone Max Plus (M1)

build number 14.02.1809.70

Serial Number : C4ATA000000

I bought. But the serial number is fake.

Why didn't Asus announce this?

Fake model. : build number 14.02.1809.70