squall0833
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2 12GB RAM 512GB Global
Firmware Version: latest .17.0240.2009.490
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: -
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):-
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My 10 months old ROG Phone 2
(Updated: Charged from 0% to 100% only takes 50minutes, so that means my battery reduce half just in 10 months??)
charge from 9% to 71% in 21min, is that even normal? (30W charger)
And I feel the battery life is like 4000mah
normally if im playing a heavy game without X mode, it's around 20% per hour

I always use Battery Care since the first day i got it, usually keep battery not lower than 20-30% before charge it,
sometime below 20% but no less than 8% (very rare i go that low)
and usually charged at 80%, or go to 100% on battery care timer before I leave to work.
Also I usually keep it away from warm place, battery temperature during charging is 39-41 no more than 41c
and 37c during gaming, I know heat is the main reason battery dies fast, so I always keep it as good as possible
but then it can fully charged within an hour, I heard that a normal rog phone 2 with 30w fully charged time is 1hour 40mins+
thats HUGE difference compare to mine...

Standby drain:
4G Data enabled
Wifi Enabled
Bluetooth off
Location off
3%/h if no mistake,
I will GSam Battery monitor from now on and watch closely

Also one thing I would like to say:
Normally it's bad to always charge battery at 100%, but when battery hits 100%, If i let it plugged, for maybe a 10 more minutes. unplug it and use it maybe facebook or some tasks, battery indicator remain 100% lasts for quite a long time (10-20minutes at 100%) before it starts to go down.
is this also normal?
13 REPLIES 13

squall0833
Star II
I've never let my phone fully drain at 0% until phone shuts off (because it is bad for battery)
Should I try fully drain my battery and do a full charge and count the time?
if it really charged at 1 hour or less, that means BAD right? 😕

ronald1985
Community Legend I
squall0833

I've never let my phone fully drain at 0% until phone shuts off (because it is bad for battery)

Should I try fully drain my battery and do a full charge and count the time?

if it really charged at 1 hour or less, that means BAD right? 😕

View post
What is your battery care settings? The closer it is together, the faster it will charge for you.
Have you looked at auto start manager and also look for apps that can be battery optimized in the battery menu?

squall0833
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121049#Comment_121049

What is your battery care settings? The closer it is together, the faster it will charge for you.

Have you looked at auto start manager and also look for apps that can be battery optimized in the battery menu?

View post
I set 9pm start time and 7am end time, so from 9pm onwards, anytime i start plugging my phone, ot will charge and stop at 80%, then usually charged from 80% around 6am to 100% on 7am

I have stopped every start up app
Btw i play Among Us , this game drains 10%per hour, it just a lite game but drains 10% per hour, really ??, Phone is not even warm at all

ronald1985
Community Legend I
squall0833

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121058#Comment_121058

I set 9pm start time and 7am end time, so from 9pm onwards, anytime i start plugging my phone, ot will charge and stop at 80%, then usually charged from 80% around 6am to 100% on 7am

I have stopped every start up app

Btw i play Among Us , this game drains 10%per hour, it just a lite game but drains 10% per hour, really ??, Phone is not even warm at all

View post
Do you lose 10% per hour when not playing Among Us? Or is it that 3% you mentioned which is the standby drain?
What refresh rate do you use?
I would give safe mode a try to see if you lose the same amount of percentage.