jasonwch
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
As many posted on the forum. I and everyone have similar issue. (This is already upgraded for whole night and a full charge)
CPU also peak at 2.84/2.96 as from Armoury Crate even didn't do anything
Temperature goes high
Battery drain quickly
"Android System" also taking all battery usage from Battery page
What I observed:
From running processes, "Google Play Service" always show up, which not the case in old firmware
What I've tried to fix:
Wipe data (all data not just cache) for Google Play service and Armoury Crate. After cleaned, seems the CPU back to 826Hz, but after I restart the device, it go back to 2.84/2.96 all the time
There may be something wrong on this?

266 REPLIES 266

ImShrey
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/117672#Comment_117672

I am on the latest version on the firmware and I did get the high CPU and heat after the update.

I downloaded Aptoide and download Google Play Services and Google Play Store from there and used that.

I think APKMirror gives you all versions and not all versions will be right for the phone. My past experience is that it causes some of the apps unresponsive or closed forcibly. Also, updating too far will make the device uncertified in Play Store.

//EDIT: I have also managed to download apps from Play Store without it heating up/high CPU too and managed to play COD as normal. I didn't do disabling of HardwareStub.

View post
I wish I could believe you mate, but I can't, seen you replying to many people in different threads, with only one dimensional opinions and comments.

Plus including me and about 200 people on this thread and telegram group are facing this issue, may be just may be you are the "lucky guy".
No offense!

ronald1985
Community Legend I
shreyashshah16

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118089#Comment_118089

I wish I could believe you mate, but I can't, seen you replying to many people in different threads, with only one dimensional opinions and comments.

Plus including me and about 200 people on this thread and telegram group are facing this issue, may be just may be you are the "lucky guy".

No offense!

View post
Dont worry @shreyashshah16 , I am not offended. I am still trying to reproduce the issue again from what I have.
When I did the top command on adb when i had the issue, only thing i can see is the asus service process running taking 114% of CPU which was mentioned earlier on by someone. Dont know if that was HardwareStub too.
Not saying whats been found out so far is wrong, is just giving more information.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/118093#Comment_118093

Dont worry @shreyashshah16 , I am not offended. I am still trying to reproduce the issue again from what I have.

When I did the top command on adb when i had the issue, only thing i can see is the asus service process running taking 114% of CPU which was mentioned earlier on by someone. Dont know if that was HardwareStub too.

Not saying whats been found out so far is wrong, is just giving more information.

View post
@ronald1985, yeah, there multiple issues as Gustav said, play store one, which common accross many devices and models, but that's not the only One, FpsCentralContr service issue (Part of hardwarestub) is more concerning, because it gets triggered by many things apparently, app installations, play services, AC, Fota and what not.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
And 114% just broke match and physics 😂 btw @ronald1985

ash_bad
Star II
jasonwch

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

As many posted on the forum. I and everyone have similar issue. (This is already upgraded for whole night and a full charge)

1. CPU also peak at 2.84/2.96 as from Armoury Crate even didn't do anything
  2. Temperature goes high
  3. Battery drain quickly
  4. "Android System" also taking all battery usage from Battery page

What I observed:

1. From running processes, "Google Play Service" always show up, which not the case in old firmware

What I've tried to fix:

1. Wipe data (all data not just cache) for Google Play service and Armoury Crate. After cleaned, seems the CPU back to 826Hz, but after I restart the device, it go back to 2.84/2.96 all the time

There may be something wrong on this?

High temperature / CPU usage / battery drain on 2009.47
Yes I really disappointed this new update I every day use my phone on full day and 20% save
And I updated this virsion and 5:30pm full battery use fuck this update