This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging port temperature abnormalities

OPC
Zen Master II
As the title suggest I got the notification saying that my USB port temperature is too high, that I should unplug the charger and take phone to Asus service center. The thing is it happened while I was playing Asphalt 9, with no charger plugged in. Instead the Aeroactive Cooler was attached.
I cannot dismiss this notification and I have the red led light blinking all the time. What shall I do? The video is attached

29 REPLIES 29

Ramses
Star III
Got mine sent for repair. Here's what I got.
Phone Issue: Charging bottom port is burnt and the other end of the charger cable. (I don't even know why or how this happened because I don't leave my phone overcharge or even get wet, says it was user error as I expected. I love my phone and take good care of it).
It's been more than a month now and still haven't got my phone. Sad

Radhe
Star II
Ramses

Got mine sent for repair. Here's what I got.

Phone Issue: Charging bottom port is burnt and the other end of the charger cable. (I don't even know why or how this happened because I don't leave my phone overcharge or even get wet, says it was user error as I expected. I love my phone and take good care of it).

It's been more than a month now and still haven't got my phone. Sad

View post
i messaged the asus support center, they told me to send for them to check up, and i know if i send them it will take forever, so i have not send it to them. i don't know what the hell is this stupid issue, Asus rog phone is big company and then stupid issues like this is soo bad for this company. Idk if the problem is the charger or the phone. if its the charger then we can probably buy new charger but if its the phone then idk what to do. also charging doesn't work, i got this yesterday and it hasn't been to normal and it probably never will. i have only 10% in battery, it will go switch off anytime. I hate this, i have reset everything, also back up my phone, it shows in my google drive but it doesn't show restore, so i probably lost everything. I hate this 😫😣😖

ronald1985
Community Legend I
mssagar230

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/112145#Comment_112145

i messaged the asus support center, they told me to send for them to check up, and i know if i send them it will take forever, so i have not send it to them. i don't know what the hell is this stupid issue, Asus rog phone is big company and then stupid issues like this is soo bad for this company. Idk if the problem is the charger or the phone. if its the charger then we can probably buy new charger but if its the phone then idk what to do. also charging doesn't work, i got this yesterday and it hasn't been to normal and it probably never will. i have only 10% in battery, it will go switch off anytime. I hate this, i have reset everything, also back up my phone, it shows in my google drive but it doesn't show restore, so i probably lost everything. I hate this 😫😣😖

View post
To restore your backup from factory reset, the phone will need an internet connection. It will then ask you if you want to restore from the backup (for example, it will install the apps that you have installed). The problem with the restore here is it doesn't restore the data for you from the apps you have installed. 🤔

Radhe
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/112169#Comment_112169

To restore your backup from factory reset, the phone will need an internet connection. It will then ask you if you want to restore from the backup (for example, it will install the apps that you have installed). The problem with the restore here is it doesn't restore the data for you from the apps you have installed. 🤔

View post
it shows last backup i did was in yesterday, september 11, but when i restore after factory reset, nothing happens, it doesn't download the apps, so it means i probably have to download everything, probably lost all my pictures too. this is soo sad for big company like this have issue with stupid charger being burnt or something. it says to go to service center, like wtf. service center near me is Philadelphia, Pennsylvanian, who want to travel this far just for them to checkup up this. I give of this shit, i will just have to use iphone 6 now, its has not even been 5-6 months and already this problem. idk how this is fking great phone. Probably go back to Iphone 11 or buy new phone 12. Asus you are worst.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
mssagar230

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/112173#Comment_112173

it shows last backup i did was in yesterday, september 11, but when i restore after factory reset, nothing happens, it doesn't download the apps, so it means i probably have to download everything, probably lost all my pictures too. this is soo sad for big company like this have issue with stupid charger being burnt or something. it says to go to service center, like wtf. service center near me is Philadelphia, Pennsylvanian, who want to travel this far just for them to checkup up this. I give of this shit, i will just have to use iphone 6 now, its has not even been 5-6 months and already this problem. idk how this is fking great phone. Probably go back to Iphone 11 or buy new phone 12. Asus you are worst.

View post
It takes a while because Play Store will try to update itself to the latest. I have managed to do it on the same day. Sounds like you're not getting that.
The only thing I can suggest about your pictures if you did lose them from the backup, check Google Photos have them, but this assumes you had it on.