This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Will Zenfone 6 get the new, gorgeous-looking Zen UI 7 updates?

TheCuriosCat
Star III
Title, please say yes......🤣
33 REPLIES 33

TheCuriosCat
Star III
Anders_ASUS

We're definitely going to do some of the stuff you want but I can already now say that the camera features won't change. ZF7 and ZF6 camera are not the same so the code base is different. Meaning that we can't just lift over features like pro video mode from ZF7.

To be able to turn off distortion correction wouldn't result in much better edge detail so no one would ever turn it off even if this option existed.

Same thing with force HDR. The normal HDR function won't necessarily result in a better image and we want to have as few buttons/options as possible for a cleaner UI. This question has already been discussed and considered many times but the conclusion is that it won't happen.

We're also not going to add any bouncy bouncy UI effects. That's not our way.

But I thank you for your suggestions. We do value them and I believe you will be very happy with the many changes that follow in ZenUi 7.

You're most welcome to add more suggestions in this thread if anything comes to mind but do remember to keep it constructive and with a good explanation so it's easy for me to understand why it's important to you

Thanks!

View post
"We're also not going to add any bouncy bouncy UI effects. That's not our way"
Anders, with all due respect. I'm not asking you to make the ZenFone an iPhone or a Galaxy Phone. I'm not asking for any extravagant extreme "bouncy bouncy UI effects." The Native andriod 10 Stock UI already got a slight bounce in both Recent apps screen and home screen. ZenUI is based on Stock android so it should at least have some of the nice feature Stock has. Furthermore, what do you mean that is not our way? back in the old Zenfone day like ZenUI 4 the animation was playful so don't give me that attitude like I was asking something I shouldn't.
Besides, the most important thing of all, I've already watched a very comprehensive unboxing of ZenFone 7/pro by Taiwanese Youtuber AiZhen.
In his video, animation speed in the developer menu has been moved outside to the Display section in ZenUI 7, that is what I have been asking for. So, 1 box has been checked what's next?
On the other hand, a new transition animation (Android 10 default animation - Reveal) is already implemented as the transition animation of Zenfone 7 (ZenUI 7) So, that's another box been checked, what's next?
Lastly, Slight bounce in Recent Apps, It's already on ZenUI 7. So, all the things I've EVER asked for in this forum has been checked in the ZenUI 7.
All I ask is that you will bring these changes along with the System UI update of Zenfone 6, why is that so hard? And on top of it all, smooth animation is one of the main feature you listed on the ZenUI 6 website, So why are you saying "This is not our way"?
Anders, I really don't get why every time I asked about this you get so agitated with me. Especially everything I want is already in ZenUI 7! So, I will politely ask you again. Will the ZenUI 7 changes bring these features that I've listed above to the ZenFone 6?
I can't believe I have to get serious like this, Every computer that I've ever owned was an ASUS pc. From my first pc to my current laptop, I always love ASUS. I defended ASUS' customer service when you guys were attacked by others because I've had some fine experience with ASUS' customer service.
Anders, please understand that I'm not someone who ask for something irrelavant non-stop. All I ask was that I would be given what I've been paying for. Please, be considerate and think in my point of view for a second.
Be well.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
TheCuriosCat

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/111738#Comment_111738

"We're also not going to add any bouncy bouncy UI effects. That's not our way"

Anders, with all due respect. I'm not asking you to make the ZenFone an iPhone or a Galaxy Phone. I'm not asking for any extravagant extreme "bouncy bouncy UI effects." The Native andriod 10 Stock UI already got a slight bounce in both Recent apps screen and home screen. ZenUI is based on Stock android so it should at least have some of the nice feature Stock has. Furthermore, what do you mean that is not our way? back in the old Zenfone day like ZenUI 4 the animation was playful so don't give me that attitude like I was asking something I shouldn't.

Besides, the most important thing of all, I've already watched a very comprehensive unboxing of ZenFone 7/pro by Taiwanese Youtuber AiZhen.

• In his video, animation speed in the developer menu has been moved outside to the Display section in ZenUI 7, that is what I have been asking for. So, 1 box has been checked what's next?
  • On the other hand, a new transition animation (Android 10 default animation - Reveal) is already implemented as the transition animation of Zenfone 7 (ZenUI 7) So, that's another box been checked, what's next?
  • Lastly, Slight bounce in Recent Apps, It's already on ZenUI 7. So, all the things I've EVER asked for in this forum has been checked in the ZenUI 7.

All I ask is that you will bring these changes along with the System UI update of Zenfone 6, why is that so hard? And on top of it all, smooth animation is one of the main feature you listed on the ZenUI 6 website, So why are you saying "This is not our way"?

Anders, I really don't get why every time I asked about this you get so agitated with me. Especially everything I want is already in ZenUI 7! So, I will politely ask you again. Will the ZenUI 7 changes bring these features that I've listed above to the ZenFone 6?

I can't believe I have to get serious like this, Every computer that I've ever owned was an ASUS pc. From my first pc to my current laptop, I always love ASUS. I defended ASUS' customer service when you guys were attacked by others because I've had some fine experience with ASUS' customer service.

Anders, please understand that I'm not someone who ask for something irrelavant non-stop. All I ask was that I would be given what I've been paying for. Please, be considerate and think in my point of view for a second.

Be well.

View post
Any visual effects in stock version of Android should be there in ZenUI as well. I'm aware that this was our previous "way". Up until ZenUI 5 We tried to stand out but in the end it showed that it wasn't appreciated by many users. Sure, there are also a plenty of users who appreciated the flashier ZenUI but the majority liked the cleaner look better.
I'm not saying that ZenUI 7 doesn't have animations. It's just that it was my understanding that you wanted something as flashy as, say MIUI, and that is definitely not our new way.
I'm pretty sure you will be satisfied with the Android R update but I can't go into detail just yet.

TheCuriosCat
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/111860#Comment_111860

Any visual effects in stock version of Android should be there in ZenUI as well. I'm aware that this was our previous "way". Up until ZenUI 5 We tried to stand out but in the end it showed that it wasn't appreciated by many users. Sure, there are also a plenty of users who appreciated the flashier ZenUI but the majority liked the cleaner look better.

I'm not saying that ZenUI 7 doesn't have animations. It's just that it was my understanding that you wanted something as flashy as, say MIUI, and that is definitely not our new way.

I'm pretty sure you will be satisfied with the Android R update but I can't go into detail just yet.

View post
Of course, I understand. I always supported ASUS even back in the old ZenUI days. I have always appreciated the unique design of the old ZenUI because it really stands out from the crowd.
Despite many people hate that and ZenUI became more stock and stock, I still appreciate the Zenfone team added some useful features. I will not choose MIUI because it is not made by ASUS, the people at ASUS strive for innovation. And you can really feel the hearts and minds pour into designing the Zenfone 6 and 7 series.
Sending my best, I will keep supporting ASUS no matter what!
"Inspiring Innovation, persistent perfection"

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
TheCuriosCat

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113323#Comment_113323

Of course, I understand. I always supported ASUS even back in the old ZenUI days. I have always appreciated the unique design of the old ZenUI because it really stands out from the crowd.

Despite many people hate that and ZenUI became more stock and stock, I still appreciate the Zenfone team added some useful features. I will not choose MIUI because it is not made by ASUS, the people at ASUS strive for innovation. And you can really feel the hearts and minds pour into designing the Zenfone 6 and 7 series.

Sending my best, I will keep supporting ASUS no matter what!

"Inspiring Innovation, persistent perfection"

View post
Well said 🙂