Did you mean: 

Excessive overheating and battery drain

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:asus rog phone 2
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: recently started and really serious
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So have this phone from about a year. I have been using it as my primary device and i am a heavy gamer. But there have been some recent issues . The performance is best in class but my device is getting really overheated and so hot that i am unable to hold its metal body after 2 hrs of a heavy gaming session moreover from the last week or so the battery drain has increased significantly and the battery is dropping from 85% to 11% after just 2 hrs of gaming where it used to give more that 5 hrs earlier. Due to covid it's impossible to currently take it to any service center but i need help in this matter.
4 REPLIES 4

Kanu
Rising Star II
soumyadipdas.jul

1. Model Name:asus rog phone 2
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: recently started and really serious
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

So have this phone from about a year. I have been using it as my primary device and i am a heavy gamer. But there have been some recent issues . The performance is best in class but my device is getting really overheated and so hot that i am unable to hold its metal body after 2 hrs of a heavy gaming session moreover from the last week or so the battery drain has increased significantly and the battery is dropping from 85% to 11% after just 2 hrs of gaming where it used to give more that 5 hrs earlier. Due to covid it's impossible to currently take it to any service center but i need help in this matter.

It's software stuff Bro. Same happens with me. Gaming drains the battery excessively but normally it's ok. Maybe a new update improves it but who know

Kanu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/34063/excessive-overheating-and-battery-drain

It's software stuff Bro. Same happens with me. Gaming drains the battery excessively but normally it's ok. Maybe a new update improves it but who know

View post
Can some error in software really halve the total battery capacity like this?

Kanu
Rising Star II
soumyadipdas.jul

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/106032#Comment_106032

Can some error in software really halve the total battery capacity like this?

View post
Either that or the battery quality is so bad that it degraded in a year.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
soumyadipdas.jul

1. Model Name:asus rog phone 2
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not:not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: recently started and really serious
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

It's probably some app that's draining your phone while increasing heat but we can check. I will send you a log tool in a PM