This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Ver 307 for ZenBook UX562FA Model Q526FA - Selected File is Not a Proper BIOS Message

dbowebb
Star I
System: Window 10 64-bit
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Q526FA
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: In the MyAsus app, there was a new BIOS version (307) available for my ZenBook Model Q526FA which is currently at Ver 306. I downloaded both the Windows installer package for the BIOS 307 update and the Asus EZ Flash Ultility package. I followed the ASUS instructions to run the Windows installer package and after restarting the computer, I never got the screen saying the BIOS was updating per the ASUS instructions. All that happened was the package was extracted and placed in the DRIVERS folder. So then I followed the ASUS instructions for updating the BIOS using the EZ Flash utility and get a message that the selected file is not a proper BIOS. I had already applied the updates from ASUS for my notebook's chip set prior to trying to update the BIOS. When I purchased the computer was already on BIOS Ver 306, so this is the first BIOS update that has come out since I bought it. Any suggestions on what to try now?
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
dbowebb
  1. System: Window 10 64-bit
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: Q526FA
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS: No
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description: In the MyAsus app, there was a new BIOS version (307) available for my ZenBook Model Q526FA which is currently at Ver 306. I downloaded both the Windows installer package for the BIOS 307 update and the Asus EZ Flash Ultility package. I followed the ASUS instructions to run the Windows installer package and after restarting the computer, I never got the screen saying the BIOS was updating per the ASUS instructions. All that happened was the package was extracted and placed in the DRIVERS folder. So then I followed the ASUS instructions for updating the BIOS using the EZ Flash utility and get a message that the selected file is not a proper BIOS. I had already applied the updates from ASUS for my notebook's chip set prior to trying to update the BIOS. When I purchased the computer was already on BIOS Ver 306, so this is the first BIOS update that has come out since I bought it. Any suggestions on what to try now?

BIOS Ver 307 for ZenBook UX562FA Model Q526FA - Selected File is Not a Proper BIOS Message
@dbowebb
Could you please provide me with a screenshot of MyASUS indicating that the BIOS needs to be updated?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.