Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: TUF516p
Frequency of occurrence: All the time
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I noticed the past few days that my laptop is getting extremely hot, but since I keep it on a desk, I don't know how long this has been happening. I just assumed that the gpu was being a little overactive and not switching to the igpu when it should be. But it started getting really hot even when not doing anything intensive with it, like just browsing the web, so I started looking into it. It is reaching temps of 95C, then in armoury crate I noticed that the fan speed was 0, and the fans were not actually spinning. I tried to download and use some fan controller software, but that didn't lead anywhere. I loaded up the bios and it also confirmed that the fans were at 0 RPM. Is there anything I can do to try to fix this before I do a full OS reinstall? I'd like to avoid the hassle if possible.
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
fourpageio
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: TUF516p
  4. Frequency of occurrence: All the time
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:I noticed the past few days that my laptop is getting extremely hot, but since I keep it on a desk, I don't know how long this has been happening. I just assumed that the gpu was being a little overactive and not switching to the igpu when it should be. But it started getting really hot even when not doing anything intensive with it, like just browsing the web, so I started looking into it. It is reaching temps of 95C, then in armoury crate I noticed that the fan speed was 0, and the fans were not actually spinning. I tried to download and use some fan controller software, but that didn't lead anywhere. I loaded up the bios and it also confirmed that the fans were at 0 RPM. Is there anything I can do to try to fix this before I do a full OS reinstall? I'd like to avoid the hassle if possible.

Fans not spinning at all
@fourpageio
Please try the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - Overheating (Fan) issue of ASUS laptop | Official Support | ASUS GlobalIf the situation remains the same, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

willjoe2442
Star III
Shut down your PC. Press the power button and immediately press F2 to enter into BIOS setup. Press F9 (or the load defaults button shown on the BIOS screen) to reset your BIOS. Press Esc or F10 and select “save and Exit” press Enter and allow your system to restart then check if the fan now works.

Hope this helps

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.