asusrg87asusrg87 Level 1
edited September 12 in ZenFone 9

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 9
  2. Firmware Version: WW-32.2030.2030.26
  3. Rooted or not: not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Hi,

The brightness is way too high in the dark with auto brightness on.

I think the sensor isn't working as it should.

Comments

• Maybe you can try and use nightlight? The problem with brightness level in the dark its highly subjective from person to person.

• In the dark the brightness is like this.

That's definitly wrong, should be at the minimum.

• sipahi061sipahi061 Level 1
    edited September 12

@asusrg87 I agree, when I'm in a pitch black room in complete darkness the screen brightness only drops down to %42 and doesn't fall lower.

• Hello everyone!

I am sending the issue to R&D as I was able to recreate this.

• I got a reply from R&D and I would appreciate if you could follow these steps and tell me if this solves the issue.

1. Launch the calculator application and enter .12345+= to activate the SMMI test. Select Single Test > Light Sensor Test. To check if the Light sensor is normal。

2. Into Settings > Apps&notifications >See all apps>Click the menu in the upper right corner >Show system, And click the search icon in the upper right corner >search "Device Health Services" >Tap and enter App info page>Storage&cache>Mange space>Click "Reset adaptive brightness">OK.

This should clear out the cache memory of the Adaptive Brightness, if this is still an issue after doing this please tag me so I can go forward with the investigation.

• HI Mattias,

I have done a reboot as well at the end of the steps, it does not solve the issue. The auto brightness is still at the same level as in post number 3 in a fully blacked out room. In my opinion it should be zero

• My phone also behaves exactly like this.

• Same issue for me as well and it seems to stuck at 25% with complete darkness in the room