This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 always installing the "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 30.0.13026.3" after start

System: Windows 11 Home 21H2
Battery or AC: -
Model: ZenBook UM425UA
Frequency of occurrence: On every startup
Reset OS: -
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello,
I've got an Asus Zenbook (configured with AMD APU) and after updating it to Windows 11 I've got an issue related to the grapahics driver. My laptop using the AMD Adrenalin Software but after I updated it to the Win 11 the Windows Update always installing the "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 30.0.13026.3" driver. After the installation I can't open the AMD Adrenaline Software because of an error. After reinstalling the AMD Software it's fine again, but when my laptop turning on Windows always installing the above mentioned driver and then the error happens again which is very annoying. What can I do to prevent installing that driver by Windows Update? Thanks for the help in advance!
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
vargadomonkos2002
  1. System: Windows 11 Home 21H2
  2. Battery or AC: -
  3. Model: ZenBook UM425UA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: On every startup
  5. Reset OS: -
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hello,

I've got an Asus Zenbook (configured with AMD APU) and after updating it to Windows 11 I've got an issue related to the grapahics driver. My laptop using the AMD Adrenalin Software but after I updated it to the Win 11 the Windows Update always installing the "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 30.0.13026.3" driver. After the installation I can't open the AMD Adrenaline Software because of an error. After reinstalling the AMD Software it's fine again, but when my laptop turning on Windows always installing the above mentioned driver and then the error happens again which is very annoying. What can I do to prevent installing that driver by Windows Update? Thanks for the help in advance!

Windows 11 always installing the "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 30.0.13026.3" after start
@vargadomonkos2002
Could you please help to provide the screenshot of the updated driver and the installation error message of Windows update?
Please try to remove all AMD drivers and console software, after that, please download and install the ASUS version to confirm.
Thank you.
image.png
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Image/Driver/Chipset/26642/APU_DriverOnly_DCH_AMD_F_V30.0.1302...

image.png
https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Home/Zenbook/Zenbook-14-UM425-UA/HelpDesk_Download/#

3dmikee
Rising Star I
The official MS download link for "Show or Hide Updates" troubleshooter has been broken or removed. You can safely download the "Show or Hide Updates Troubleshooter" in this alternative site.
https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/339060d1624897901-hide-show-windows-updates-windows-...

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.