This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAC Earphones (Oppo Enco X2) not detected by Zenfone 8

sahil_ms
Star III
Recently I bought Oppo Enco X2, and it supports both LDAC and LHDC. Since LHDC is not yet supported by Zenfone 8, is it possible to do it via OTA? Since Zenfone 9 already supports it and there's no hardware limitation (My Xiaomi Pad 5 supports LHDC with a Snapdragon 860).
But the issue does not end here, HeyMelody app is not able to detect that Zenfone 8 supports LDAC, and hence it's not giving the option to switch to LDAC from SBC. This doesn't happen with Xiaomi Pad 5 and I can switch between LDAC and LHDC flawlessly.
The issue could also be only HeyMelody side, but from initial impressions, it seems like something is wrong on ZenUI side. I'll report the same thing on HeyMelody, but Asus Devs, please see to it too.
7 REPLIES 7

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
sahil.ms

Recently I bought Oppo Enco X2, and it supports both LDAC and LHDC. Since LHDC is not yet supported by Zenfone 8, is it possible to do it via OTA? Since Zenfone 9 already supports it and there's no hardware limitation (My Xiaomi Pad 5 supports LHDC with a Snapdragon 860).

But the issue does not end here, HeyMelody app is not able to detect that Zenfone 8 supports LDAC, and hence it's not giving the option to switch to LDAC from SBC. This doesn't happen with Xiaomi Pad 5 and I can switch between LDAC and LHDC flawlessly.

The issue could also be only HeyMelody side, but at initial impression, it seems like something is wrong on ZenUI side. I'll report the same thing on HeyMelody, but meanwhile, please see to it.

Odd, LDAC works fine on the Rog phone3, I guess it's indeed a bug.

sahil_ms
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62540/ldac-earphones-oppo-enco-x2-not-detected-by-zenfone-8

Odd, LDAC works fine on the Rog phone3, I guess it's indeed a bug.

View post
Which TWS are you using? The Oppo Enco or some other?

Ronzky321
Star III
sahil.ms

The issue could also be only HeyMelody side, but at initial impression, it seems like something is wrong on ZenUI side. I'll report the same thing on HeyMelody, but meanwhile, please see to it.

Did you try changing codec from Dev Options?

sahil_ms
Star III
Ronzky321

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62540/ldac-earphones-oppo-enco-x2-not-detected-by-zenfone-8

Did you try changing codec from Dev Options?

View post
Okay I figured this. Asus by default keeps SBC option enabled, so the HD audio: AAC in bluetooth settings was missing. Without the option turned on, I can't enable LDAC mode in HeyMelody. So switch to AAC in Dev Options fixed the issue.