System: Windows 11 Pro
Battery or AC: Both
Model: ZenBook Pro Duo UX582HS_UX582HS
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
When I drag a window, a gray rectangular area that allows to move the window to another monitor pops up, and I end up with moving the window to another monitor.
I always work with the mouse on external monitor and those gray areas are really bothering me.
Perhaps they would help when working with touch and without external monitors, but with mouse and/or with external monitor they are a reduction in productivity.
How do I disable them?
5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS
stenci
  1. System: Windows 11 Pro
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: ZenBook Pro Duo UX582HS_UX582HS
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

When I drag a window, a gray rectangular area that allows to move the window to another monitor pops up, and I end up with moving the window to another monitor.

I always work with the mouse on external monitor and those gray areas are really bothering me.

Perhaps they would help when working with touch and without external monitors, but with mouse and/or with external monitor they are a reduction in productivity.

How do I disable them?

Remove gray rectangles that pop up when dragging a window
@stenci
Could you please provide a video for me to confirm?
Thank you.

stenci
Star II
I don't want these gray rectangles to show up.
When they show up it's impossible to drag a window down. When I try to drag a window down, I always end up with windows changing screen.
image.png

Falcon_ASUS
stenci

I don't want these gray rectangles to show up.

When they show up it's impossible to drag a window down. When I try to drag a window down, I always end up with windows changing screen.

image.png

View post
@stenci
Please refer to the following FAQ.
[Notebook] ScreenPad Plus with ScreenXpert 3 - Introduction | Official Support | ASUS Global(7) In [Window Control], switch ①[App Switcher], switch ②[ScreenPad Origanizer], switch ③[Default Window Size], switch ④[Window Flicking between screens], switch ⑤[Enable three-finger tap for touchpad mode].
Turn off the following options: ①[App Switcher], switch ②[ScreenPad Origanizer]
Thank you.

stenci
Star II
Thank you!
After turning off the App Switcher I am back in business.