nasrk13_nk
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Asus Rog 3
Firmware Version: i couldnot find it, but iam on A11
Rooted or not:not
Frequency of Occurrence: first time!
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The issue started while using the phone, but before using it, it was connected to what i figured out later a weak source of power (altho using my original charger's brick and cable) and the possibility of water getting in the phone (altho i always watch over it and i has no memories of it being near water sources).
screenshot-20211226-090914289.jpg
The ghostly touch is that dot marked in the screen, its continuous clicking (not constant) means the point was speedly flashing as it was clicking so fast.
I tried:
1- rebooting= failed.
2- removing the screen protector= failed and costed me to remove my precious screen protector that it is not found in my own country.
3- cleaning the screen= failed.
4- in the end i turned the phone off , and tried to put it in a grain of dry rice,in hope after a while the phone works right after a while=after 15 min, i was so impatience and tried to turn it on, and thankgoodness the issue was removed!.
Why iam complaining then?
Because i need your help guys having other solutions, instead of replacing the screen, or going to the manufacturer to change the screen (which again is impossible to me), internet solutions mostly were about replacing ur phone, or ur screen, giving no hope in home made fixes, misleading you to spend half of ur phone's original price for a new screen which you rly dont need to do.
And thus i hope this helps anyone having such issue, and want more expert people to explain why did this happen to me, and what other solutions ican try and can produce more effective results than the messy one i did today!
Thank you and merry Christmas 🎄!
7 REPLIES 7

Swaraj
Rising Star II
nasrk13.nk

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:Asus Rog 3
  2. Firmware Version: i couldnot find it, but iam on A11
  3. Rooted or not:not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: first time!
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

The issue started while using the phone, but before using it, it was connected to what i figured out later a weak source of power (altho using my original charger's brick and cable) and the possibility of water getting in the phone (altho i always watch over it and i has no memories of it being near water sources).

screenshot-20211226-090914289.jpg

The ghostly touch is that dot marked in the screen, its continuous clicking (not constant) means the point was speedly flashing as it was clicking so fast.

I tried:

1- rebooting= failed.

2- removing the screen protector= failed and costed me to remove my precious screen protector that it is not found in my own country.

3- cleaning the screen= failed.

4- in the end i turned the phone off , and tried to put it in a grain of dry rice,in hope after a while the phone works right after a while=after 15 min, i was so impatience and tried to turn it on, and thankgoodness the issue was removed!.

Why iam complaining then?

Because i need your help guys having other solutions, instead of replacing the screen, or going to the manufacturer to change the screen (which again is impossible to me), internet solutions mostly were about replacing ur phone, or ur screen, giving no hope in home made fixes, misleading you to spend half of ur phone's original price for a new screen which you rly dont need to do.

And thus i hope this helps anyone having such issue, and want more expert people to explain why did this happen to me, and what other solutions ican try and can produce more effective results than the messy one i did today!

Thank you and merry Christmas 🎄!

Continuous ghost touch.
Its a bug. It happens on my ROG 2 as well. But it disappears if i screen lock and unlock it again. I have reported it on rog 2 forum but no one reacted on it. That ghost touch is been on device since a9 and its still not fixed. idk how to replicate it thats why no one knows how to fix it. I cant even screen record it bcuz my screen becomes unresponsive when ghosttouch happens. There is 1 thing for sure that ghost touch exists on all rog firmwares. It happens out of blue but no one knows its trigger point.

nasrk13_nk
Star II
Swaraj

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/56487/continuous-ghost-touch

Its a bug. It happens on my ROG 2 as well. But it disappears if i screen lock and unlock it again. I have reported it on rog 2 forum but no one reacted on it. That ghost touch is been on device since a9 and its still not fixed. idk how to replicate it thats why no one knows how to fix it. I cant even screen record it bcuz my screen becomes unresponsive when ghosttouch happens. There is 1 thing for sure that ghost touch exists on all rog firmwares. It happens out of blue but no one knows its trigger point.

View post
Thank you for your response, but you saw my solutions that failed, if it was rly a mere 2 clicks on power button, i wont even worry, but to presist untill after turning it off for 15 mon at least to get it fixed, iwas rly afraid that was a real issue! What i was afraid of not the issue itself, it was about it being constant even after alot of usual solutions failure to solve this issue!.

Swaraj
Rising Star II
nasrk13.nk

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/198916#Comment_198916

Thank you for your response, but you saw my solutions that failed, if it was rly a mere 2 clicks on power button, i wont even worry, but to presist untill after turning it off for 15 mon at least to get it fixed, iwas rly afraid that was a real issue! What i was afraid of not the issue itself, it was about it being constant even after alot of usual solutions failure to solve this issue!.

View post
yeah, next time try my solution and see if it works for you. I hope it will be fixed by asus.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@Swaraj
@nasrk13.nk

Mind explaining how to repoduce it? I didnt come across it thus far so was wondering if it's something you could somehow force?