Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
whatsapp-image-2021-01-08-at-5-13-51-pm.jpeg
whatsapp-image-2021-01-08-at-5-13-51-pm-281-29.jpeg
========================
Detailed description:
Hi everybody!
I'm new here, but I'd appreciate if you could help me with this issue. I bought my laptot couple of years ago and now I'm triying to upgrade the SSD. I saw that the laptop has an SSD socket (as you can see in the images above) and for that I bought the last week an SSD, more precisely this one: Crucial P5 500GB 3D NAND NVMe internal SSD, 3400MB / s - CT500P5SSD8. After installing it and restart the laptop I haven't been to make the laptop recognize the SSD.
To check if the SSD is fine, I installed it in another laptop (HP) and worked well, even I could install Win10 without problem.
I have been watching videos and reading forums and stuff, but until now I didn't find anything that helps me to solve this problem.
I believe that I understand the differencess between mSATA, M.2 Nvme and its sockets, and that's why I bought this SSD. 
I hope you can help me, and thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
alfonso182
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: VivoBook 14 X405UA
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hi everybody!

I'm new here, but I'd appreciate if you could help me with this issue. I bought my laptot couple of years ago and now I'm triying to upgrade the SSD. I saw that the laptop has an SSD socket (as you can see in the images above) and for that I bought the last week an SSD, more precisely this one: Crucial P5 500GB 3D NAND NVMe internal SSD, 3400MB / s - CT500P5SSD8. After installing it and restart the laptop I haven't been to make the laptop recognize the SSD.

To check if the SSD is fine, I installed it in another laptop (HP) and worked well, even I could install Win10 without problem.

I have been watching videos and reading forums and stuff, but until now I didn't find anything that helps me to solve this problem.

I believe that I understand the differencess between mSATA, M.2 Nvme and its sockets, and that's why I bought this SSD. 

SSD Upgrade for my "ASUS VivoBook 14 X405UA"
In few situations, nvme SSD will not recognised in bios.
Try below steps, go to bios disable raid options.
Also boot with windows 10 bootable USB pendrive and then try to install windows 10, while installing windows , nvme does not recognise, so in this case you need to install nvme driver before format the nvme SSD.

Falcon_ASUS
alfonso182
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: VivoBook 14 X405UA
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hi everybody!

SSD Upgrade for my "ASUS VivoBook 14 X405UA"
@alfonso182
X405UA's SSD spec is only support M.2 SATA (128G/ 256G/ 512G).
The following is the test list for your reference.
image.png
Thank you.