This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a smaller phone, like the iPhone 12 mini

bubblefoil
Star I
Recently, my Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact broke and I had to pick a new phone. Zenfone 8 and Pixel were the only powerful phones under 15 cm. And, of course, the iPhone. I seriously considered switching from Android to ios so I don't have to carry around stupidly huge, dual-wield phone. I ended up with Zenfone, which is usable for me, but still way too big.
2 REPLIES 2

topolov
Rising Star II
And what do you prefer - slow CPU or battery, which will last 2 hours of active screen time? 😀
Anyway, ASUS won't even consider this, read rules of this subforum

Aryan202
Community Legend I
bubblefoil

Recently, my Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact broke and I had to pick a new phone. Zenfone 8 and Pixel were the only powerful phones under 15 cm. And, of course, the iPhone. I seriously considered switching from Android to ios so I don't have to carry around stupidly huge, dual-wield phone. I ended up with Zenfone, which is usable for me, but still way too big.

Make a smaller phone, like the iPhone 12 mini
Zenfone 8 hits the perfect spot between a normal and compact factor
Smaller than that would make the device audience more niche plus they'll need to cut out crucial specs like battery
Asus in Zenfone 8 fit everything they could the heaphone jack, notification led,4000 mah battery that won't be possible in a more "compact" device
The iPhone mini variants do face a lot of flak for being "too small" and battery being below avg though