Sound issues

1. System: Windows10 20H2
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: GA503
  4. Frequency of occurrence: all the time
  5. Reset OS: 2 times
  6. Screenshot or video: n/a

========================

Detailed description:Hello. I bought a laptop and after a week of use the sound became more muffled. Updated drivers to the latest version, deleted, updated again, rolled back - nothing. Did a Win10 recovery - nothing. Also checked the system for errors via cmd (sfc / scannow). What do you advise?

Comments

• Hi there,

Can I have a video record for the issue?

And does the issue happen when using specific program or app? or under specific scenario?

Thank you.

• kolesnikvalerkolesnikvaler Level 1
    edited September 30

The issue always happens when i turn something on and it is playing. In first week of use the sound was good with actual audio drivers and had no reason that it could be broken.

• Hi there,

Can I have a video record for the issue?

Thank you.

• Link to Cloud:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/qFPn/AsHdLKu4N

• Hi there,

Thank you for the video.

May I know if your GA503 was more like your old laptop before and then one day it changed?

If judging by the video, I would not say the audio is broken since the hardware design and audio utilization is different. And the audio is not cracked or disturbed.

Can you help to check if it is the same in safe mode?

Thank you.

• Yes, the sound was similar like on old laptop, more louder as this one.

• kolesnikvalerkolesnikvaler Level 1
    edited October 4

Do you want me to test the sound in Safe Mode? To do this, I need to edit the registry, did I understand correctly? In Safe Mode I cant listen any music

• Hi there,

Please refer to below link for how to enter safe mode, you don't need to edit registry.

If you have a audio file in the computer, you can test with it.

Thank you.

• I turned on Safe Mode and cant play media file. In sound settings audio devices are not founded.

• Hi there,

Sorry, I didn't notice this new change.

How about plug in headset? Does it also sound different?

Thank you.

• Headset is working good, sound without changes

• Hi there,

Then... the hardware of the speaker is related. But it is hard to judge what became different.

If you have concern about this, please kindly send the device to our service center for further investigation.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

• Thank you for support