cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Monitor Blinking on New ASUS ZenBook Pro 14 OLED – Advice Needed

Ahmadinia
Star I

Hello,

I recently purchased an ASUS ZenBook Pro 14 OLED Core i9 48GB 2000GB SSD RTX 4070 120Hz 14.5" from a store.

From the initial use, I've noticed intermittent issues with the monitor blinking. This was infrequent at first, but today the frequency has increased significantly. It reminds me of the old-style TVs when the antenna was not correctly set—initially poor quality that stabilizes once adjusted.

I've tried updating the Windows drivers to resolve this, but the problem persists. Sometimes the monitor works fine, but other times the blinking makes the laptop unusable. I've also had to recover Windows from the BIOS initially due to WiFi detection issues, which makes me wonder if a BIOS or Windows setting might need adjustment.

Here's an immage of the monitor issue to better illustrate the problem.

Could this be a software issue that I can fix, or might it be a hardware defect? Considering the 60-day money-back guarantee, should I return the laptop, or is there a potential fix you could suggest?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

FongPoui
Rising Star II

@Ahmadinia 

Return it and get a new one. Your display shows something abnormal at the first use. 

View solution in original post

Falcon_ASUS

@Ahmadinia
If you have already tried updating the graphics card drivers but the issue persists, and if your purchase is new, we suggest you contact the retailer to inquire about the possibility of a return or exchange. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

FongPoui
Rising Star II

@Ahmadinia 

Return it and get a new one. Your display shows something abnormal at the first use. 

Falcon_ASUS

@Ahmadinia
If you have already tried updating the graphics card drivers but the issue persists, and if your purchase is new, we suggest you contact the retailer to inquire about the possibility of a return or exchange. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.