SayedSayed Level 1
edited September 19 in ROG Phone 3

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version: latest
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: suddenly
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): all

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

The upper speaker volume is suddenly lower

I noticed this after the update ,

Please do not suggest a software reset

It will take years to backup the files i have on the phone!

I noticed this while using whatsapp for then first time, after that i recived a normal call and noticed same issue

I restarted the phone but nothing changed

Tried audiowizard nothing changed also

I was definitely sure when i covered the other speaker and noticed the difference

Comments

• So regarding calls , sound will lower than for any other stuff becoz we put earpiece to our ears so its a protection so that we dont blow our ear drums and also if you enable speaker on calls , sound will still be lower than lets say listening to music or any other stuff and i m not sure why do they make it like that

And for your question of top speaker sound less , well i am pretty sure you speakers are full of sand and dust becoz same happens with me as my place of office is a place where dust is sand is too much becoz of wind so i have to regularly clean my speaker grills ,you can use cleaning alcohol and a brush to fully clean speakers , but be careful not to use too much liquid or else you can short your MB , do it at your own risk

I turn off my device and after cleaning , i let it dry for half an hour before turning it on so you gotta take proper precautions

There is very high possibility of fixing your issue just by cleaning speakers

• Thank you for your help,

But what i meant it was louder before in general, like music and calls and everything else

Now it is like stuck at some lower level even though i will try cleaning it

• Hi @Sayed,

Are you in the latest firmware version 18.0410.2108.158?

Also do you receive automatic updates or you update it manually?

• Hi @Irene2_ASUS

No, I have tencent with ww rom

So i am still at 138

Previous updates were clean and there was no problem after installing

I have noticed this problem since last update