Sayed
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version: latest
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: suddenly
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): all
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The upper speaker volume is suddenly lower
I noticed this after the update ,
Please do not suggest a software reset
It will take years to backup the files i have on the phone!
I noticed this while using whatsapp for then first time, after that i recived a normal call and noticed same issue
I restarted the phone but nothing changed
Tried audiowizard nothing changed also

I was definitely sure when i covered the other speaker and noticed the difference

4 REPLIES 4

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
Sayed

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:
  2. Firmware Version: latest
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: suddenly
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): all

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

The upper speaker volume is suddenly lower

I noticed this after the update ,

Please do not suggest a software reset

It will take years to backup the files i have on the phone!

I noticed this while using whatsapp for then first time, after that i recived a normal call and noticed same issue

I restarted the phone but nothing changed

Tried audiowizard nothing changed also

I was definitely sure when i covered the other speaker and noticed the difference

Upper speaker volume is lower
So regarding calls , sound will lower than for any other stuff becoz we put earpiece to our ears so its a protection so that we dont blow our ear drums and also if you enable speaker on calls , sound will still be lower than lets say listening to music or any other stuff and i m not sure why do they make it like that

And for your question of top speaker sound less , well i am pretty sure you speakers are full of sand and dust becoz same happens with me as my place of office is a place where dust is sand is too much becoz of wind so i have to regularly clean my speaker grills ,you can use cleaning alcohol and a brush to fully clean speakers , but be careful not to use too much liquid or else you can short your MB , do it at your own risk
I turn off my device and after cleaning , i let it dry for half an hour before turning it on so you gotta take proper precautions
There is very high possibility of fixing your issue just by cleaning speakers

Sayed
Star II
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/53012/upper-speaker-volume-is-lower

So regarding calls , sound will lower than for any other stuff becoz we put earpiece to our ears so its a protection so that we dont blow our ear drums and also if you enable speaker on calls , sound will still be lower than lets say listening to music or any other stuff and i m not sure why do they make it like that

And for your question of top speaker sound less , well i am pretty sure you speakers are full of sand and dust becoz same happens with me as my place of office is a place where dust is sand is too much becoz of wind so i have to regularly clean my speaker grills ,you can use cleaning alcohol and a brush to fully clean speakers , but be careful not to use too much liquid or else you can short your MB , do it at your own risk

I turn off my device and after cleaning , i let it dry for half an hour before turning it on so you gotta take proper precautions

There is very high possibility of fixing your issue just by cleaning speakers

View post
Thank you for your help,
But what i meant it was louder before in general, like music and calls and everything else
Now it is like stuck at some lower level even though i will try cleaning it

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @Sayed,
Are you in the latest firmware version 18.0410.2108.158?
Also do you receive automatic updates or you update it manually?

Sayed
Star II
Hi @Irene2_ASUS
No, I have tencent with ww rom
So i am still at 138
Previous updates were clean and there was no problem after installing
I have noticed this problem since last update