Vibration issue, Proximity sensor not working

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0840.2107.151
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Daily
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

No vibration while receiving call,

Proximity sensor not working

But I can feel vibration on Tap & Typing.

After Formatting, All worked back to normal for one day but then again same issue from next day...

Comments

• ronald1985ronald1985 127.0.0.1 Level 5

Go to Calculator and type in .12345+=

Do single test and perform the vibration tests and Proximity sensor test.

If these fail, then you need to go to service centre. If pass, try in safe mode.

• Hey,

Please confirm after trying the above.

• Same issue after updating, I did factory reset and all working fine for 1 day after vibration didn't working now

• @ARP_ASUS Hey man, I am facing the exact same problem and it was introduced with the .151 update. The same proximity sensor issue and phone not vibrating when receiving a call. This is very frustrating, what should we be doing?

Did the calc test also, the sensors are failing. But this is a software issue because haptic feedback works fine. The proximity issue can be fixed via calibration.

How do we report this to Asus?

• Proximity sensor at times suddenly stops working during calls and whatsapp calls. After restarting the phone it works well. This is a recurring problem. Entire screen goes black but the vibration and touches can be felt. Proximity sensor is fine but i think its a software glitch. The same thing had happened once during the beta updates of ROG 3. After repeated complaints from the user's it was rectified.

• MoxyMoxy Level 1

same problem, when will you solve ??

• Good explanation I have this problem since the beginning the test tells that all working but in true it stops especially when I'm in 1 call in my car with a sunny day, in the car screen all black and the sun it goes on

• ronald1985ronald1985 127.0.0.1 Level 5

If it's failing in calc test, it's recommended to visit the service centre. I would vouch if calc test passes but fails to run normally in apps, then maybe a software issue. But in your case, you need to visit service centre.