Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashlight not working

Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: 18.0610.2104.145
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Constant
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Flashlight

I have had this issue since pre Android 11. The flashlight is not turning on for normal use. It does work in selfie mode in the camera app with the camera flipped. In the SMMI test the flashlight works as intended.

After the 11 update I reset the phone, and the flashlight worked for about a week before going back to the behaviour described above.
2 REPLIES 2

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Jørgen Nedogedell
  1. Model Name: Zenfone 6
  2. Firmware Version: 18.0610.2104.145
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Constant
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Flashlight

I have had this issue since pre Android 11. The flashlight is not turning on for normal use. It does work in selfie mode in the camera app with the camera flipped. In the SMMI test the flashlight works as intended.

After the 11 update I reset the phone, and the flashlight worked for about a week before going back to the behaviour described above.

Flashlight not working
Try downgrading to A10 and then upgrade to A11 again. This will re-write all files. It's more efficient than doing a normal factory reset. We have no other reports of the flashlight not working as a torch. Since you say it works with the camera, I can only assume that some file that's supposed to link your flash with the torch button is not 100% correct.

Hi Anders, thank you for replying.
I did a factory reset after the A11 upgrade, that fixed the problem for a day or two. I feel worried that a downgrade/upgrade will only yield the same result.
I got the idea to try the flashlight on the reverse camera from other reports of this problem, I have included a few of them below. Is there any chance to see if/how their problem was fixed/diagnosed?

AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/46558/flashlight-not-always-turning-on

Can you do SIMMI test & see if flashlight test pass/fails

Open calculator > press ".12345+=" > Single test > camera flashlight test > Now see if test pass/fails.

If it fails than most probably its hardware problem ifnot than please check how is behaviour of flashlight when you open camera app tap on flash options than you will see option torch like icon which you can use for continous flash light try to turn that on and see if flashlight still gets off after turning it on for sometime.

If behaves the same there as well than no other option than factory data reset this may be bug triggering after jumping from Android 10 to Android 11.As factory data reset will help iron out all unseen & seen bugs and will be a fresh start for you.

For factory data reset 👇

Settings >system >reset options >erase all data.

But please remember to backup all your important data before you factory data reset.

Thanks!

View post

Benjamin Bernhardsson

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/50632#Comment_50632

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/630/HKML7OZV48B6.mp4

So I think this is related to the my flashlight problem.. As you see in the video that's what my flashlight is doing everytime I try using it. Also the camera app litteraly dies when trying to shoot in selfie mode. Not sure how to handle this.

View post
Mandrakes

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone 6 ZS630KL
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: NOT
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: every time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): camera

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

When I try to use flashlight, as a torch or as flash in camera, it doesn't work. But if I turn the cam into selfie mode, it works just fine. What can I do ?

Flashlight not working on back
Thank you very much for still doing support for this (relatively) old phone! It is much appreciated.