Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan speed 100% from startup but MyAsus says the fan is ok

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX482EG Zenbook Duo 14 2021
Frequency of occurrence: Just now, but all the time with no fluctuations. From boot to shutdown the fans are spinning at 100%
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Suddenly my fans are spinning at 100%. The device woke up from sleep and started cranking and GPU temperature is at 41 deg CPU at 1% usage. How do I stop it? How do I fix it?
13 REPLIES 13

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
It is possible that the fan would speed up after sleep mode, as it is re-detecting the temperature and settings.
but it should clam down and stabilize after a while.
May you specify more if you still have the issue?
Thank you.

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
@potatosubwoofer, mine behaves the same way, after sleep or hibernation.
I have other machines, from Toshiba and Lenovo, that behave the same way. Even my macbook pro does it, from time to time, specially when docked to a hub. All of them, after a while decrease fan speed and work as supposed to.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,

It is possible that the fan would speed up after sleep mode, as it is re-detecting the temperature and settings.

but it should clam down and stabilize after a while.

May you specify more if you still have the issue?

Thank you.

View post
MotoWiZ

@potatosubwoofer, mine behaves the same way, after sleep or hibernation.

I have other machines, from Toshiba and Lenovo, that behave the same way. Even my macbook pro does it, from time to time, specially when docked to a hub. All of them, after a while decrease fan speed and work as supposed to.

View post
I meant more like it was spinning at full for a few hours for no reason. I left it to see if it would go away on it's own but it didn't.
I did figure it was a sleep state problem and I managed to make it stop by shutting it down on battery, plugging it in and then turning it on while plugged in (or some combination of such). Very strange, as I certainly wouldn't want this to happen while I was away from my charger (and for that matter it really shouldn't happen at all)

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
Ok, that kind of behaviour I've never witnessed. Can it be some software it the background that controls the fan, like a temperature monitor or something else you have installed?