This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Activate Windows" msg recently appeared on 2yr old VivoBook. How to reactivate?

diorio
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC:
Model: X510U VivoBook
Frequency of occurrence: Continuous
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
"Activate Windows" message recently appeared on my ~ 2yr old VivoBook. How do I reactivate Windows? 
Notebook was purchased NEW from Best Buy Canada. (not "open box") and came with Win 10 installed.
I have the original packaging and there is no Activation Code with it or on the laptop so I assume there is an embedded digital certificate but I cannot find any instructions on how to access this.
Any suggestions welcome. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
diorio
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: X510U VivoBook
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Continuous
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

"Activate Windows" message recently appeared on my ~ 2yr old VivoBook. How do I reactivate Windows? 

• Notebook was purchased NEW from Best Buy Canada. (not "open box") and came with Win 10 installed.
  • I have the original packaging and there is no Activation Code with it or on the laptop so I assume there is an embedded digital certificate but I cannot find any instructions on how to access this.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

"Activate Windows" msg recently appeared on 2yr old VivoBook. How to reactivate?
If windows is pre-installed by asustek Computer inc or by best buy online shop..
If windows by asustek , by click on activatev troubleshoot .
if windows by best buy means, you need to contact the shop only.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-the-activation-troubleshooter-d717cdff-cf19-9770-7...

diorio
Star I
Thanks for your suggestion.
I previously tried the Troubleshooter and left me with the following options: find the activation key (there is none), buy a copy of Windows (it came per-installed with hardware) or contact support (which is why I am here).
From your response it seems I should try contacting BestBuy directly at the store where I bought it.
Is that correct?

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
diorio

Thanks for your suggestion.

I previously tried the Troubleshooter and left me with the following options: find the activation key (there is none), buy a copy of Windows (it came per-installed with hardware) or contact support (which is why I am here).

From your response it seems I should try contacting BestBuy directly at the store where I bought it.

Is that correct?

View post
yes . for few laptops from asus does not installed windows, so in this case , some online shop delears install windows activate with KMS key.
. you need to contact best buy

diorio
Star I
Thank you very much. I will try Best Buy.