Why does my ZenBook Pro Duo keep freezing?

1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: ZenBook Pro Duo
  4. Frequency of occurrence: 2-3 times a day
  5. Reset OS: yes
  6. Screenshot or video: n/a

========================

Detailed description:My laptop freezes several times a day! I've seen many other posts about this, but they keep getting closed - why? I was hoping an expensive laptop like this would be more reliable - is there a bios update available?

Comments

• Hello rkarlberg,

May you specify your model? UX481FL? UX581GV? UX581LV?

Thank you.

• UX581GV.308 is my current BIOS firmware.

• It's strange, because this laptop works fine with games... but just browsing the web it can freeze, requiring a hard reset.

• Hello rkarlberg,

Which browser are you using? Does it all have the same issue?

Thank you.

• All the same issue. I just mentioned browsing as an example - I could be listening to music, working in the cloud, or something else, and this laptop will still freeze. Is there a way to get a log of what is happening? Or can I turn on debug mode?

• Hello rkarlberg,

There are some ways we can check.

Please double check if all your Windows update have been completed.

You may run the Windows troubleshooting, MyASUS diagnostic tool, or enter safe mode to see if there is the same issue.

Thank you.

• Well, as a computer professional and developer, I did already try those. Everything is up to date. MyASUS tools are weak - they don't give me any information... I do appreciate your help though!

• Hello rkarlberg,

Well.. then is there any error message you found? or does entering safe mode have the same issue?

we can dig in more about those.

Thank you.

• No error messages - the laptop just freezes, sometimes the screen goes black, other times it stays on.

I did not use Chrome browser yesterday, and the laptop did not crash. But it just crashed again a few minutes ago, so the problem still remains.

I can't really do anything in safe mode, so that is not really a good option. I need to use this laptop for my job, or I won't get paid. I wish I could afford to buy a new laptop and return this one...

• I just discovered the Windows Reliability History, the crashes have no info, but I am seeing some hardware errors:

Source: Windows

Summary: Hardware error

Date: ‎1/‎28/‎2021 10:07 AM

Description: A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffffb088e1461460

Parameter 2: fffff803a53a4cb0

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 3268

OS version: 10_0_19042

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_igdkmd64.sys_GEN9CFL_DX10_PAGEFAULT

Server information: 166fc802-f9fe-42c1-83f8-3c39f7bad3eb

• igdkmd64.sys is system driver and belongs to intel inc, while installing intel graphics driver software this igdkmd64 sys will copied to desired folder.

at present you can try to remove all old intel graphics driver fr windows os by using Display Driver Uninstaller software by booting OS into safemode.

and then download latest dch driver from intel website and then install it.

• Thanks! I will try that, and see if it resolves my problem.

• I have recently bought UX482EG and it has been freezing and facing crash errors randomly several times every hour.

I have downloaded latest versions of all driver, re-installed them. I have downloaded the latest version of Geforce MX450 driver as well and installed it. I have installed latest Intel Iris Xe driver driver version 100.9168) as well but screenpad resolution was not suitable with latest Intel Iris Xe graphics driver and I have rolled back to the original one (driver version 100.8935). I have done reset with complete wipeout of hard drive...Nothing has resolved the problem till now.

It is really annoying to have such a problem from the first start-up with such an expensive laptop...

Does anybody have a solution for this problem? It seems it is a general problem for all Zenbook Pro Duo models...

• It did help me to install the Intel drivers - I only get a freeze every 2-3 days now, instead of several times a day...

• I used the Intel driver support assistant as recommended by RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS