This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a solution for my Zenfone 5z's blurry primary camera?

My Zenfone 5z was working fine untill last 4-5 months ago when suddenly it's primary 12MP camera got a problem of unable to focus. Tried several methods including factory reset, safe mode reset, downgrading to Android Pie and many more...but the problem still persists..lastly after emailing them and having said all they asked me to take it to the Nearest Service Centre. Is this a solution guys? Service centre guys have opted me two things- a software reset or change of camera module worth 3k+ Rupees..

21 REPLIES 21

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
borgohainansuman

My Zenfone 5z was working fine untill last 4-5 months ago when suddenly it's primary 12MP camera got a problem of unable to focus. Tried several methods including factory reset, safe mode reset, downgrading to Android Pie and many more...but the problem still persists..lastly after emailing them and having said all they asked me to take it to the Nearest Service Centre. Is this a solution guys? Service centre guys have opted me two things- a software reset or change of camera module worth 3k+ Rupees..

16111647670542735126581467552181.jpg

Is there a solution for my Zenfone 5z's blurry primary camera?
Yes only solution to your problem is take your device to nearest service centre and get that camera module replaced.
After analysing your device, If service centre finds that it is not CID (customer induced damage) than there are chances that service centre may replace your camera module for free. For which you have to submit your device at service centre for examination.
Thanks!

suraj051
Star II
service center is asking me to pay 6456 for camera what to do.

I think it's a scam by Asus for their upcoming sales of new Zenfone's. Coz Zenfone 5z's camera was excellent so they induced a damage typically to it's primary 12MP camera so that customer's may shift to Zenfone 6 or 7..

suraj051
Star II
borgohainansuman

I think it's a scam by Asus for their upcoming sales of new Zenfone's. Coz Zenfone 5z's camera was excellent so they induced a damage typically to it's primary 12MP camera so that customer's may shift to Zenfone 6 or 7..

View post
May be but its a rare case of software induced bug. As in general hardware will be protective enough of preventing software damage.
Similar case happened with oneplus also it seems but they accepted and replaced openly but its unfortunate in our case.

Had conversation with service guy he said for Max pro m2 mainbue to some issue with main board they are making call backs and replacing same it seems.

Its all about volumes 5z customers are less and mostly who ever bought shifted by now to other manufacturers but max pro m2 is a new one with comparatively good volume.