This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5z battery drain

rajatt1557
Rising Star I
I m facing battery drain issue after recent fota update.
Pls help resolve.

19 REPLIES 19

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
rajatt1557

I m facing battery drain issue after recent fota update.

Pls help resolve.

screenshot-20210115-140610641.jpg

Zenfone 5z battery drain
Please backup your important data and factory reset your 5z to fix this drain issue as i can see some bug is triggering software to misbehave with battery consumption and definetly its software and not hardware so please follow below steps 👇
Settings>system>Reset options>erase all data

rajatt1557
Rising Star I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/43432/zenfone-5z-battery-drain

Please backup your important data and factory reset your 5z to fix this drain issue as i can see some bug is triggering software to misbehave with battery consumption and definetly its software and not hardware so please follow below steps 👇

Settings>system>Reset options>erase all data

View post
Tried factory reset but still issue persists. Are we expecting any fota to fix this bug.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
rajatt1557

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/147456#Comment_147456

Tried factory reset but still issue persists. Are we expecting any fota to fix this bug.

View post
May or may be not...! According to devs battery consumptions seems to be normal with .110 even i shared logs and they still find it as normal consumption but dont worry we are still discussing internally if they find somemore things in logs
And let me tell you that after looking at your SOT that seems like bug for me and that should definately go after factory reset but if still exists than that seems like hardware issue or i guess battery health may have been reduced till date so please take your device to nearest service centre as early as possible and let them examine your battery health as well as device
Note :- please dont forget to backup your important data before you submit your device to nearest service centre
Thanks!

rajatt1557
Rising Star I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/147569#Comment_147569

May or may be not...! According to devs battery consumptions seems to be normal with .110 even i shared logs and they still find it as normal consumption but dont worry we are still discussing internally if they find somemore things in logs

And let me tell you that after looking at your SOT that seems like bug for me and that should definately go after factory reset but if still exists than that seems like hardware issue or i guess battery health may have been reduced till date so please take your device to nearest service centre as early as possible and let them examine your battery health as well as device

Note :- please dont forget to backup your important data before you submit your device to nearest service centre

Thanks!

View post
After factory reset and usage of few hours ,now it appears there is improvement in battery backup.