Urgent - my phone is not charging and not starting

edited February 16 in ZenFone 6

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus 6z
  2. Firmware Version: A11
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: first tine
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I kept my phone on charging but red blinker is not on while charger is working fine. When I click power button only than charging screen come and it gets vanish off again. Please suggest asap what should I do

Comments

• BhaskyBhasky Level 2

While updating your device did you got any error/warning messages and once update completed did you got successful message ?

• Yes... I used the phone after for two days fluently

• BhaskyBhasky Level 2
    edited January 14

It's better to check with Service centre, and explain the same thing to them, there are already many instances where an update caused damage to Motherboard, probably you will get a replacement of Mboard.

Such a disaster to know / hear from many users, day by day the same sh!t is happening.

For the very same reason I had reverted my phone to A9 from A10 , Now again I may downgrade back to A9

Don't know when is my turn !

• _jis__jis_ Level 5

From your other posts, you seem to have solved the problem. What was that?

• Battery was dropped because of cold. No issue in device it's because of weather the phone is getting cold.

• BhaskyBhasky Level 2
    edited January 16

You had almost made me feel regret with that/such comment, please re-assure or re-verify or just set it right, as you might have observed here in forum lots of people made similar complaint on this type of issues which leads to a mboard failure , so my only request is that please be specific while addressing issues in future.

Good that you replied intime to user jis and letting us know

• I did come across that a couple of times where the phone goes into no response mode and switches off. Neither charging nor power button works. What I usually do is "plug the phone to charge(no led blinks) and then press the power button for a few seconds and it switches-on again".

• _jis__jis_ Level 5

Everyone should pay more attention to the battery in this freezing weather and try to keep it within some optimal range (40-80%) by charging more frequently. Just like we have to guard the car battery in winter.

• BhaskyBhasky Level 2

sounds weird but that's true to the core this does include laptops too

• I figured out the issue when it happened twice. As I came across this issue for the first time so wasn't knowing about battery freezing. I will suggest that u can mark this ticket as answered. So that furthermore no more confusion will exist.

I am right now following the approach to keep my phone warm lil bit and charging frequently once the battery reaches down to 14 or 15 percent. Once it's gets back into normal stage than will limits the battery charging to 90 percent.

Thanks again you guys...

This discussion has been closed.