ZF_5Z latest ota update is unstable has bugs that causes serious connectivity issues .
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name:Asus Zenfone 5Z (India) ZS621KL
- Firmware Version:WW_user_18.104.22.168_20201118
- Rooted or not: No
- Frequency of Occurrence: Irregular / every 60 mins from reboot
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
The issues I faced after latest ota update 50MB (Ref : Successfully updated the system to QKQ1.191008.001.WW_use r_22.214.171.124_20201118release-keys.)
1. "No sim card "/ "No signal"/ "Insert sim card 2" errors occurred randomly , also call drops .
2. Random reboots : mobile kept on table , maybe you are on call reboots . Sometimes keep looping boot animation and then starts as normal the again error 1.
3. Network connectivity : won't connect to cellular data any carrier , VoLTE works though until the error 1 occurs. Wifi works ,Hotspots not properly.
What I tried:
1. Running into safe mode , problem persist.
2. Simply Restart fixes for few minutes
3. Contacting Asus via call , Answered quite formally didn't help whatsoever.
4.No settings issues everything is basic / untouched / I haven't install any new app and all don't want to try the Reset part I am using some 85% of 128gb also all data scattered across apps and it is my primary phone , would take long to backup and restore . Also not expected when you buy a Flagship, it has to be reliable .
General observation bug is triggered somehow after latest update and issues starts to occur As not everyone who updated has the problem but few are having and that matters.
I request to kindly stop rolling out that update
Either provide a stable update or mark last stable version as update and roll out ASAP I need my data and phone working at earliest.
Please guide any solution that works for now .
Note I have two sim installed , screenshots with network is just after reboot.