This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZF_5Z latest ota update is unstable has bugs that causes serious connectivity issues .

jayakola25
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Asus Zenfone 5Z (India) ZS621KL
Firmware Version:WW_user_100.10.107.110_20201118
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Irregular / every 60 mins from reboot
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The issues I faced after latest ota update 50MB (Ref : Successfully updated the system to QKQ1.191008.001.WW_use r_100.10.107.110_20201118release-keys.)
1. "No sim card "/ "No signal"/ "Insert sim card 2" errors occurred randomly , also call drops .
2. Random reboots : mobile kept on table , maybe you are on call reboots . Sometimes keep looping boot animation and then starts as normal the again error 1.
3. Network connectivity : won't connect to cellular data any carrier , VoLTE works though until the error 1 occurs. Wifi works ,Hotspots not properly.
What I tried:
1. Running into safe mode , problem persist.
2. Simply Restart fixes for few minutes
3. Contacting Asus via call , Answered quite formally didn't help whatsoever.
4.No settings issues everything is basic / untouched / I haven't install any new app and all don't want to try the Reset part I am using some 85% of 128gb also all data scattered across apps and it is my primary phone , would take long to backup and restore . Also not expected when you buy a Flagship, it has to be reliable .
General observation bug is triggered somehow after latest update and issues starts to occur As not everyone who updated has the problem but few are having and that matters.
I request to kindly stop rolling out that update
Either provide a stable update or mark last stable version as update and roll out ASAP I need my data and phone working at earliest.
OR
Please guide any solution that works for now .
Attachment :
Note I have two sim installed , screenshots with network is just after reboot.

5 REPLIES 5

jayakola25
Star II
Update 1:
For me if I insert only Jio sim , there's no major issues .
Note if you're using Jio as cellular network , it works fine or you are less likely to get issue.
But not a single other carrier works !
Tested Vi , Airtel with multiple sim cards issue persists. Network coverage in area : Excellent)
If you're interested to experience the issue remove the Jio sim restart with any other carrier wait for sometime , earlier frequency of occurrence ( of reboots loss of signal no simcard error...... )will be less then it will keep getting worse.