This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] ZenFone 5Z The signal/network connectivity has dropped to H+ after firmware upgrade?

atomicwaster
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5z
Firmware Version: Build QKQ1.191008.001.WW_user_100.10.107.110 20201118 release-keys
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: frequent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
So yesterday I got the new firmware update and download and installed automatically. I thought everything was good but when I went out and went on my mobile data I saw that I was not able to see my data go thru. I mean I saw the h+ and a full bar but no data was coming thru. I couldn't make calls or nothing and my mobile company said that I was still getting data. So is it because of the new update that now I am not able to get data thru?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

atomicwaster
Star II
adityapruthi2001

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/139109#Comment_139109

You have to insert both sim cards to produce the test passed.

Your settings seem fine. Tried another sim in phone?

View post
So I just got the sim. Put it in and yup it's working. The sim is from another carrier but everything seems to be working fine
screenshot-20201212-132420138-1.jpg
It's probably a bad sim card the other one.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
[Moved from atomicwaster]
So after the recent update for the Zenfone 5z it seems as if my data network is not working properly. If I get of my wifi. I see the h+ symbol and bars but no data is coming thru or leaving. I tried google and other websites to no avail. Has anyone had any issues with it as well like this or is it just me?

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi atomicwaster
First of all, please avoid overlapping thread or message, which may disturb the mods and the users to solve the issue. I moved your second thread here, and I hope you don't mind.
Second, kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Please try reset Network: Settings>System>Reset options>Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth
2. Confirm your APNs Settings with your SIM carrier:
Settings>Network & internet>Mobile network>Access Point Names>Internet

I didn't face this situation, yet there is a similar case as the link below
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41135/

If your case remains the same after troubleshooting 1 & 2, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
atomicwaster

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 5z
  2. Firmware Version: Build QKQ1.191008.001.WW_user_100.10.107.110 20201118 release-keys
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: frequent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

So yesterday I got the new firmware update and download and installed automatically. I thought everything was good but when I went out and went on my mobile data I saw that I was not able to see my data go thru. I mean I saw the h+ and a full bar but no data was coming thru. I couldn't make calls or nothing and my mobile company said that I was still getting data. So is it because of the new update that now I am not able to get data thru?

Zenfone 5 network connectivity issue
Give a screen shot of your network bars.

atomicwaster
Star II
adityapruthi2001

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41296/zenfone-5-network-connectivity-issue

Give a screen shot of your network bars.

View post
screenshot-20201209-231113157-1.jpg
It's that weird h+ but it won't let get any data. I noticed though when I clicked VoLTE off it takes the h+ away but I still can't use my data.