1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: UX431F
  4. Frequency of occurrence: every time I start the PC
  5. Reset OS: I did it
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hello, it's me again, the girl from this topic (https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37924/problems-with-asus-zenbook-14-ux431f#latest)

I have a brand new problem that I don't know if I should worry about: every time I start up the pc, between the "ASUS, in search of incredible" and the "Windows log in screen" I always notice a black screen with grey vertical stripes formed by dots. It's in a blink of an eye, but this was something that didn't happen before.

Also, sometimes, when I use Zoom for meetings, the screen goes black (also this happens in a blink of an eye and not always); I read somewhere that this is an issue that Zoom has with NVIDIA, but still.

What can I do? Is this something bad? Or I should give up and take the PC into assistance?

Thank you!

Comments

• LiviuLiviu Level 2
    edited December 2020

Check to see whether you have the latest bios. Black screen / artifacts is not an expected behavior or something that we need to get used to it and move forward. It affects the normal usage of the device.

I'm new to Asus, so I cannot give a more detailed feedback, but from what I've noticed, it seems usual to have these type of issues with all the devices from this brand, from budget to high end. It may be that here in Europe we have certain expectations from the devices than other part of the world.

• Hello Maria,

Please kindly check if your BIOS and Windows are both up to date.

And the Black screen only happens with Zoom?

How about other software like Skype, google meet, teams?

Please refer to below Zoom FAQ

Thank you.

• cause 1

Corrupted file from either zoom or from nvidia

cause 2

Many applications are running in background , so most ram memory will be occupied.

casue 3

nvidia Graphics driver might be corrupted or incompatible driver like .dll or .sys

cause 4

zoom application might controlled by antivirus , so exclude this application and all related files .

install compatible graphics driver which is signed by WHQL

• Windows update is up - to - date, yesterday I mad the last download.

About BIOS I'm not an expert, I checked that for my PC I have the version 308, since 23/5/2020.

In my asus page these are the avaiable drivers... they look more recent but the version is the same, don't know what to do.

I've already checked for corrupted files on my PC and there were none, but I have AVAST as antivirus and I'll try to disable it... I've read that this antivirus is causing many problems due to its sensibility.

Thanks to all for your help!

• try this way , connect to internet ,

type below line in cmd with admin rights

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• edited December 2020

Hello everybody!

I have resolved the screen issues when starting the PC by installing Intel Driver & Support assistant: it updated a lot of Intel stuff (Wifi, Bluetooth etc etc...) and also the NVIDIA graphics UHD (I had the version 25.xxx.xxx while the latest is 27.xxx.xxx ... ).

This is the first time that I have to install a driver assistant to get normal and periodical updates on some core functions (they were never updated in 2 years, while window update was running almost every day!!), so maybe this will be the final solution to all my PC adventures? I hope so!

I request to leave this thread open so I can also check and report if this solution works also with Zoom issues, maybe it could be helpful for other people too!

Thanks for the help!

• I always install latest graphics drivers directly from intel Website and from Nvidia website.

Realtek Ethernet LAN driver is from from realtek .

if you install drivers from drivers manufacturer , then in driver is called Generic vennila driver

• UPDATE:

• I no more have zoom flickering issues; at the beginning I had problems with the Office pack (it flickered!) but with an additional update the problem seems solved
    • I've noticed that at starting up the PC is slower
    • When I do screen recording and in the meantime screen captures during an online meeting the screen slooows a lot, but still work

Thanks everybody for the help!

This discussion has been closed.