Asus UX433FN - Max resolution for external monitor

AleeeKoiAleeeKoi Level 1
edited December 2020 in ZenBook

Hello,

I can't find anywhere a specific that indicates witch is the max resolution for an external monitor (plugged on HDMI).

Can you tell me?

Thank you

Comments

• Hello AleeeKoi,

It's 1920*1080,60Hz.

Thank you.

• AleeeKoiAleeeKoi Level 1
    edited November 2020

Sure? Why does external monitor couldn’t reach more resolution? I need to connect a 21:9 monitor with an higher resolution......

• Hello AleeeKoi,

It is the maximum signal that can be exported. Thank you.

• AleeeKoiAleeeKoi Level 1
    edited November 2020

Wait a second...

My ux433fn mount an Intel 620 GPU + an nvidia geforce MX150. Looking for GPU specs on manufactures website i can see that the max resolution supported is [email protected]

So, if it is as you say, it means that you are deliberately blocking and limiting the resolution for external displays. If so it would not be correct!

What is the version of the HDMI port installed?

• Hello AleeeKoi,

This model is having HDMI 1.4.

Thank you.

• Hello,

Formats supported by HDMI 1.4 include:

• 3840 x 2160 pixels at 24Hz, 25Hz and 30Hz
    • 4096 x 2160 pixels at 24Hz

So, aside from the fact that hdmi 1.4 is a 2002 format... why don't you support 4k ?!

• Hello AleeeKoi,

To keep balance of stable function on all parts, 1920*1080,60Hz is the maximum for this model.

Thank you.

• So, at now I have a ux433fn with:

• coil noise, caused by your design error
    • a thunderbolt that don't allow to use external monitor over usb
    • driver issue caused by the last nvidia driver you have released, I had to go back to the previous version due to continuous BSOD)
    • impossibility to connect an external wide screen with more resolution than 1920x1080px
    • a laptop that after a year has lost half of his value

... and yes, you continue to call it an ultra book.

For a long time I have been fascinated by zenbook, but unfortunately your product is not of good quality and also it is not a top product. I will never buy asus products again.

Well done asus. Congrats.

• I use 4k on 30hz. no problem

60hz is not possible.

• Hello Aleeekoi,

about your other topic "ux433fn with wifi intel AC 9560" , your wifi still working ? Do the problem start again ? I was okay for few month, but after one windows update, again my wifi is not working every start.

I literally tried everything, I notice there is a problem with the bluetooth driver, but every time I try to uninstall bluetooth driver in device manager, windows reinstall it...

Very hard to make people understand this problem, you are the only one I found explain exactly the same problem I have, thanks a lot for you help

This discussion has been closed.