This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop battery still charges to 100% despite changing the battery health mode (60% or 80%)

lwl1295
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both
Model: ZenBook UX433FN
Frequency of occurrence: Occuring everytime at the moment (Used to be fine until one random day)
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
As the title goes, this issue started happening about 1-2 weeks ago. My laptop did not have such an issue until one day, I realised that the battery charges up to 100% while on the Maximum Lifespan mode. I have always been on this mode because i charge and use my laptop every often. And now, my battery just charges past 60% and even 80% (Balanced mode). Why is this happening? Please help
5 REPLIES 5

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
lwl1295
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: ZenBook UX433FN
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Occuring everytime at the moment (Used to be fine until one random day)
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

As the title goes, this issue started happening about 1-2 weeks ago. My laptop did not have such an issue until one day, I realised that the battery charges up to 100% while on the Maximum Lifespan mode. I have always been on this mode because i charge and use my laptop every often. And now, my battery just charges past 60% and even 80% (Balanced mode). Why is this happening? Please help

Laptop battery still charges to 100% despite changing the battery health mode (60% or 80%)
install Asus battery health monitor application manually. then adjust settings on that application.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello lwl1295,
Was there any system update or modification before the issue occurred you may recall?
Please kindly check if your BIOS is to date, then reinstall ASUS System Control Interface V1(Driver)
then reinstall My ASUS App to see if the problem is still there.
Thank you.

Czgergo
Star I
Blake_ASUS

Hello lwl1295,

Was there any system update or modification before the issue occurred you may recall?

Please kindly check if your BIOS is to date, then reinstall ASUS System Control Interface V1(Driver)

then reinstall My ASUS App to see if the problem is still there.

Thank you.

View post
Dear Blake, I have exactly the same problem with "overcharging" so something must have happened recently. Please let me know how can I check if my BIOS is up to date and how can I update it. My ASUS says everything is up to date n ut it did not find any updates since DECEMBER LAST YEAR, which is unbelievable to me.

Czgergo
Star I
lwl1295
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: ZenBook UX433FN
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Occuring everytime at the moment (Used to be fine until one random day)
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

I also have problems with my battery charging over the limit set in Battery Health Charging. The app or service does not seem to execute automatically at Win startup. I added it to the automatic startup list in Win 10, but even though My Asus starts, it ignores the Battery health settings and lets the battery charge over the limit. The only way to limit charging for me is to change the setting in Batterh health and then set it back to e.g. Max. lifespan mode. Please help if you can as it used to work PERFECTLY!