sekatore
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfon 7
Firmware Version: WW_29.13.7.24
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: always on brighter day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello
Does anyone know or have something similar. When using my phone outside, I see a dark rectangle on the screen. What function does it perform? It is not a fingerprint scanner. It looks gross.

black.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

morenomiguel198
Rising Star I
I noticed it too my Zenfone 7 Pro, only visible in some conditions outside.
You can also see a brighter one that is sideways.
I guess it's a cut-out under the screen made for other phones using this panel to use an under-screen fingerprint scanner.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi

The OLED panel in ZenFone 7 is prepared for under-display fingerprint sensor. Of course, the phone itself does not employ it.

This phenomenon can be visible on all phones which have screens prepared or using under display fingerprint sensors and generally only visible in specific daylight conditions on light backgrounds.

sekatore
Star II
Thanks for the answers. But i dont understand this. I accepted this issue  https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36175/screen-is-green-cant-fix-that-with-splendit#latest. but I don't accept the answer:
CH_ASUS

Hi

The OLED panel in ZenFone 7 is prepared for under-display fingerprint sensor. Of course, the phone itself does not employ it.

This phenomenon can be visible on all phones which have screens prepared or using under display fingerprint sensors and generally only visible in specific daylight conditions on light backgrounds.

View post

"The OLED panel in ZenFone 7 is prepared for under-display fingerprint sensor. Of course, the phone itself does not employ it."
What?! Do you have a premium car with a hole in the roof, prepared for sunroof ? ☺️
and
"...generally only visible in specific daylight conditions on light backgrounds"
Sorry, not only in specific, generaly always on day light (less or more).

sekatore
Star II
Thank you for the answers.  I accepted this issue https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/36175/screen-is-green-cant-fix-that-with-splendit#latest. but I do not accept the answer:
CH_ASUS

Hi

View post
Do you have a premium car with a hole in the roof prepared for the sunroof? 🙂
Generaly is visible always in daylight (less or more) .