cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen is green, can't fix that with Splendit

metallus
Star II
Hi,
Today I received the new Asus Zenfone 7 Pro (ZS671KS).
The screen has a green tint and it's very annoying. I make a lot of photos both by phone and DSLR's I understand color representation laws. Yet this green tint is beyond tolerance. I compare it to my Zenfone 6, three calibrated monitors, and some other phones. The tint is strong enough to not represent a natural look of apps and multimedia. Eg. on a photo taken outside sky looks green while on other devices look natural blue. Generally color depth is flattened with too much green. Everyone I ask confirm that my Zenfone 6 has much better color reproduction.
I would attach a photo but it's visible for human eye only. I can't catch the actual difference using a camera probably due to some technicalities of how camera sensor is catching the display's matrix.
I also performed eyeball tests on all devices: www.eizo.be/monitor-test/ and the results are really bad for Zenfone 7 😞
I have Splendid set to DEFAULT and Night Mode or any filters like that turned OFF.
I obviously tried to get rid of the green tint via Splendid but the tint is way too strong to fix that. I would need some special white balance tool like in photography.
Does everyone have something like that or just I have a bad luck AGAIN (last year my brand new Zenfone 6 motherboard died 3 weeks after I bought it) ? Hopefully this time it's something easy...
Thanks in advance!
Tech specs:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone 7 Pro (ZS671KS)
Firmware Version: WW_29.12.18.16 (latest for this day)
Rooted or not: NOT rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time both on 60Hz and 90Hz

14 REPLIES 14

Tagion
Rising Star II
I just have a very slight green tint on grey backgrounds at low brightness and only at 90hz. You might have a defective unit

morenomiguel198
Rising Star I
Same here, I have a very slight green tint but only visible on grey backgrounds and low brightness.
It's not really a problem as it's rarely being noticed, only late in the day when lighting is low.

metallus
Star II
Thanks guys, I'll create a support service ticket, and get back to you with the results of what happened.

rollen
Star II
metallus

Hi,

Today I received the new Asus Zenfone 7 Pro (ZS671KS).

The screen has a green tint and it's very annoying. I make a lot of photos both by phone and DSLR's I understand color representation laws. Yet this green tint is beyond tolerance. I compare it to my Zenfone 6, three calibrated monitors, and some other phones. The tint is strong enough to not represent a natural look of apps and multimedia. Eg. on a photo taken outside sky looks green while on other devices look natural blue. Generally color depth is flattened with too much green. Everyone I ask confirm that my Zenfone 6 has much better color reproduction.

I would attach a photo but it's visible for human eye only. I can't catch the actual difference using a camera probably due to some technicalities of how camera sensor is catching the display's matrix.

I also performed eyeball tests on all devices: www.eizo.be/monitor-test/ and the results are really bad for Zenfone 7 😞

I have Splendid set to DEFAULT and Night Mode or any filters like that turned OFF.

I obviously tried to get rid of the green tint via Splendid but the tint is way too strong to fix that. I would need some special white balance tool like in photography.

Does everyone have something like that or just I have a bad luck AGAIN (last year my brand new Zenfone 6 motherboard died 3 weeks after I bought it) ? Hopefully this time it's something easy...

Thanks in advance!

Tech specs:

1. Model Name: Asus Zenfone 7 Pro (ZS671KS)
  2. Firmware Version: WW_29.12.18.16 (latest for this day)
  3. Rooted or not: NOT rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: all the time both on 60Hz and 90Hz

Screen is green, can't fix that with Splendit
Install -- Oreo Colorizer-- from Google Play. Press ..start...button on the app. This app fixes green tint issue on Asus 6z , hope it works on Asus 7. However, colours on display appears a bit undersaturated. Try the app and let me know