Dark mode toggle and auto rotation issue

R.R. Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 5 Series

Dear Asus, we need the dark toggle mode. Will you add it please? It's very useful. It's a nuisance to go into settings every time to activate dark mode. Other devices have it. Why we don't have it? Is it so difficult to implement it? It's just a toggle

Auto rotate sometimes doesn't work or it's slow, especially in Chrome and YouTube. Are you planning to fix it?

Comments

• Hi R.

Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1. Model Name: Settings>System>About phone

Refer to the link below to check the model name by model no. in the link

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1014441/ 

2. Your current firmware version

Settings>System>About Phone>Software information

If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still persist?

3. Auto rotate:

3-1. Does the issue appear after any system/apps' download or update?

3-2. If you update Chrome and YouTube to the latest version, does the issue remain the same?

3-3. Chrome and YouTube version

3-4. Please check on SMMI test 

Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>GSensor Test

• R.R. Level 1
    edited August 2020

1 Zenfone 5Z

2 Firmware 100.10.107.92

Auto rotation seems improved on latest system update. I will check again and i'll write here if the issue happens again since i updated the apps

Thank you

EDIT. I did the g sensor test and without doing anything the "Z+" passes immediately, but "Z-" is hard to pass

• It seems like auto rotation sensor goes in sleeping mode after some time. When you restart your device and open any app it works fine but after some time it stops working or take too much time to rotate. However while playing any games rotation sensor works fine and every single time. As soon as you switch to any app problem starts. I have to manually switch off and on the sensor toggle from quich settings tiles. I thinks there's problem with Gyroscope cause everytime you play Games it works fine. I hope you understand the problem.

• Hi Chintan Devganiya

Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1. Model Name & Your current firmware version (Please update to the latest version)

2. SMMI Test Result

3. A video record of the issue

• R.R. Level 1

@Christine_ASUS

1. Model: Zenfone 5Z ZS620KL, Z01RD. Firmware WW_100.10.107.92

2. On SMMI test, before starting, "Z+" gets already done, passed, without move the phone, i left it without move and it's hard to get "Z-" passed

• Hi R.

Thank you for your reply. If any of your SMMI test fails or hard to pass, the device may have a great possibility of hardware issue. Please contact with the nearly ASUS service center for further device checking.

https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

• R.R. Level 1
    edited August 2020

Hi @Christine_ASUS

I don't think so. As the above user said, it seems like auto rotation sensor goes in sleeping mode after some time. When it doesn't work, after locking (screen off) and then unlocking the phone it works. It usually works so it can't be a hardware issue. Unfortunately i forgot to show in the video how it works. I can assure you that sometimes doesn't work and other times works. Please, check it out. Many users talked about it. It's an issue that has to be fixed

• R.R. Level 1

Hi @Christine_ASUS

I don't think so. As the user above said, it seems like auto rotation sensor goes in sleeping mode after some time. It usually works but sometimes it doesn't, so it can't be hardware issue. When screen doesn't rotate i can make it work by locking the phone (screen off) and then unlock. Unfortunately I forgot to show how or when it works in the video. It should be a bug/issue. Many users talked about this issue. Take this into consideration please, check it out

• Z- is putting the device screen down. There's nothing wrong with your device.

• Hi R.

Thank you for your reply. I had tested my ZS620KL several times with WW-100.10.107.92 and youtube V15.33.34, yet I didn't encounter the same issue. What is the issue frequency to your device?

• Play YouTube or mx player alteast 15 min in landscape orientation then rotate device, then you will observe that screen takes 10 to 15 second for rotate, this issue is more prominent when using mx player than YouTube

• Hi 1947msr

As the way you mentioned above, I tried 20min landscape for 3 times yet my auto-rotate works properly. Umm, did you face the issue from the beginning of purchasing the device? Has the device ever fallen or broken before? If the GSensor Test is pass but the process was hard to passed, it will still indicate some uncertain factors.

Furthermore, does the issue appear after any system/apps' download or update? If you still have any concern of the auto rotate, please provide the video containing different auto-rotate reactions between 30sec, 1 min, 5 min, 15min, 20 min for further checking.

This discussion has been closed.