Installing Stock ROM Not Working?
- Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M2 ASUS_X01BDA (ZB631KL-4D103TW)
- Firmware Version: OPM1.WW_Phone-15.2016.1902.192-20190226
- Rooted or not: not rooted, bootloader unlocked - yes
- Frequency of Occurrence: Always
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Can't re-install stock ROM
A. I tried installing LineageOS tonight: booted into TWRP recovery, wiped everything, tried to sideload LineageOS but said my firmware was too old (Said I needed at least 16.2017.1905.065)
B. Now I'm trying to go back to stock android ROM, so I can update the firmware.
C. Downloaded the file UL-ASUS_X01BD-WW-16.2017.2005.092-user.zip from ASUS website.
D. Booted into TWRP, tried to use 'adb sideload UL-ASUS_X01BD-WW-16.2017.2005.092-user.zip' to load stock ROM but I get the error:
"E3004: This package is for "ASUS_X01BD" devices: this is a "X01BD".
I also tried puting the zip file into / directory, and rebooting. That didn't work.
So now I have a phone with no operating system, stuck in fastboot/TWRP.
Any suggestions how to get stock ROM back on the Zenphone? Thank you.