jasonleeabell
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: G14
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: yes
========================
Detailed description:It seems as if asus lied when they advertised a wonderful "10 hours" of battery life. On my personal g14 it seems like the most I can get out of it is 3 hours when letting the thing idle. I know asus didn't lie because I have seen independent testers getting above 10 hours. I did stumble on an article that mentions hardware monitors halving the run time of his test unit. I don't think I have any of the same hardware monitors as him. I don't have MSI and though I did update my chipset drivers I don't have Adrenaline 2020, I still have AMD Radeon settings lite.
I don't know how to diagnose the problem. It just seems like the 2060 never idles properly it sits at 300mhz and 415 mhz for memory instead of going to power saving mode. The only solution I can think of is a factory reset for the laptop, but does that even reset the drivers?

Article mentioned is titled ROG ZEPHYRUS G14 BATTERY LIFE INVESTIGATION: POOR BATTERY LIFE ISSUE DIAGNOSED
8 REPLIES 8

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello jasonleeabell,
May you double check if all your windows update has completed?
Was there anything else running in the background?
may I have a screenshot of how you find out the memory issue?
Thank you.

jasonleeabell
Star II
I did complete all my windows updates and closed any non essential background tasks.
Here is a screenshot of my g14 on battery in silent mode using the armory crate software
QXL3KUS5L86F.png
Under GPU stats it lists the frequency of the cores and memory frequency

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello jasonleeabell,
Sorry... I'm confused with one thing.
May you double check which model are you having? or you change the Armoury Crate setting additionally?
Please provide SN in the PM I send you.
Thank you.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello jasonleeabell,
May I know more detailed information about you "letting things idle"?
You were connecting to Wifi, any other external device?
Was there any other program on ? I just saw Chrome, Discord and Armoury Crate
maybe not essential, but if you can provide task manager screenshot, would be helpful.
and what is the screen lightness?
Also, the 3 hour thing, is it the estimate time of using , or you let it idle for 3 hours till the power used up?
Please update the Nvidia driver and let us know if it get better.
https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ROG-Zephyrus-G14/HelpDesk_Download/
Thank you.