This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g+ changes to h+ when phone calling

dt808
Rising Star I
hi all. not sure if this has been asked before but whenever i make or receive a call, my data connection 4G+ symbol changes to H+. so it looks like my 4g data connection drops to 3g when I'm on a call. is this supposed to happen? i sometimes have long call meetings where i need to also be on the web and I'm wondering if my data speed is dropping.
thanks
6 REPLIES 6

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
dt808

hi all. not sure if this has been asked before but whenever i make or receive a call, my data connection 4G+ symbol changes to H+. so it looks like my 4g data connection drops to 3g when I'm on a call. is this supposed to happen? i sometimes have long call meetings where i need to also be on the web and I'm wondering if my data speed is dropping.

thanks

4g+ changes to h+ when phone calling
Does your network support VOLTE? For 4g+

dt808
Rising Star I
I'm on t-mobile in the us and from what i understand they do support volte. not sure about 4g+ tho. I'm not even sure what 4g+ is lol. i thought it was 4g advanced lte but when i do speed tests i find 4g is faster than 4g+ lol.

dt808
Rising Star I
hmmm ok thanks for the info. I've been having bad call quality when using the built in mic (wired and Bluetooth headphones work ok) and was just wondering if dropping to h+ had anything to do with it. thanks again.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
dt808

I'm on t-mobile in the us and from what i understand they do support volte. not sure about 4g+ tho. I'm not even sure what 4g+ is lol. i thought it was 4g advanced lte but when i do speed tests i find 4g is faster than 4g+ lol.

View post
Unfortunately the issue is the phone, not T-Mobile. Numerous threads on here begging for voLTE in the US. No help likely, it seems, as the phone is 1 year old now. They seem to only be adding it elsewhere. I bought my wife a Zenfone 5 at the same time I got the 6 and it doesn't have voLTE on T-Mobile either. It is apparently possible to enable but requires unlocking the bootloader and rooting the phone to edit the mbn of the phone. Seemingly a simple change that Asus could do on their own but they apparently have reasons not to do so. I'll never buy another phone without voLTE to avoid enabling such products. Otherwise it's almost a perfect phone for me.