This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g+ changes to h+ when phone calling

dt808
Rising Star I
hi all. not sure if this has been asked before but whenever i make or receive a call, my data connection 4G+ symbol changes to H+. so it looks like my 4g data connection drops to 3g when I'm on a call. is this supposed to happen? i sometimes have long call meetings where i need to also be on the web and I'm wondering if my data speed is dropping.
thanks
6 REPLIES 6

dt808
Rising Star I
skylerwolfe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/80638#Comment_80638

Unfortunately the issue is the phone, not T-Mobile. Numerous threads on here begging for voLTE in the US. No help likely, it seems, as the phone is 1 year old now. They seem to only be adding it elsewhere. I bought my wife a Zenfone 5 at the same time I got the 6 and it doesn't have voLTE on T-Mobile either. It is apparently possible to enable but requires unlocking the bootloader and rooting the phone to edit the mbn of the phone. Seemingly a simple change that Asus could do on their own but they apparently have reasons not to do so. I'll never buy another phone without voLTE to avoid enabling such products. Otherwise it's almost a perfect phone for me.

View post
agreed. when the phone works it's great. speed, battery life, camera all work nicely on my phone. I also appreciate the timely updates. too bad the things I really need aren't working the way they should.

_jis_
Zen Master III
I'll never buy another phone without voLTE to avoid enabling such products. Otherwise it's almost a perfect phone for me.
I agree. ZF6 is perfect phone for me too, but disabled VoLTE/VoWiFi eliminates all its benefits. Especially in Corona-crisis time.