This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is game driver preferences meaning in developer setting?

urbanromio2
Star III
@asus
there is a lot of lagging issue while playing pubg mobile, from drops from 59 fps to 30 fps for some seconds .
some youtube videos and bloggers stating that change the game driver preferences to make fps stable.
infact its not working they just doing such things for getting views and earn money.
im asking asus what is that game drivers ? any documentation about it ? how those will impact in game?

4 REPLIES 4

KraKen
Rising Star II
LW1F8KR6PQ0F.jpg
What is game driver preference??
Does enabling for games improves performance??

jyun88
Rising Star II
Follow this discussion

urbanromio2
Star III
urbanromio2

@asus

there is a lot of lagging issue while playing pubg mobile, from drops from 59 fps to 30 fps for some seconds .

some youtube videos and bloggers stating that change the game driver preferences to make fps stable.

infact its not working they just doing such things for getting views and earn money.

im asking asus what is that game drivers ? any documentation about it ? how those will impact in game?

what is game driver preferences meaning in developer setting?
@Titan_ASUS @Kiko

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Game Driver Preferences allows developers to use custom graphics drivers targeting specific apps. The drivers need to be installed locally and developers have the option of switching between them at will.
Some say enabling one of this options in PUBG will force Vulkan which offers better and more stable performance. I'm not sure and I haven't been able to confirm this myself.
Regardless if it does offer any real improvement (which it clearly doesn't do for everybody), this is not something we will implement because of various reasons.