AI boost and app crashes

joonabsjoonabs Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6

Hi,

I have seen that the AI boost seems to crash apps, which cause heavy loads such as some games, benchmark apps and on even chrome. Is this normal or am I the only one observing this?

Comments

• I am also the one facing this 'problem' but as it doesn't do much apart from crashing apps I call it AI Crasher. I can live with that.

• Haha :D That describes pretty accurately what it does. However, I am just curious to know why that happens.

• My blind guess would be some kind of OC or undervoltage which makes some phones unstable but I don't know where's 'AI' in that :p. On the other hand, AFAIK Qualcomm doesn't allow Snap 855 overclocking so my bottom line is I have no idea

• Weird. Maybe android 10 update solves this. If not maybe I bring it up again.

• Not for the reason that it would be very usefull feature but for the reason that I am afraid that it might be similar to the motherboard issue, which caused system instability when I got my device.

• ColorSageColorSage Level 3
    edited November 2019

Nah, I don't think so. I have my zenfone 6 for almost 4 months and this feature just crashes 3D demanding apps and games. It's not even a system crash so it's not that, fortunately.

• Good to hear. I think that the issue might be related to excess heat generation because by using the phone at low outside temperature seems to solve the issue at least mostly.

This discussion has been closed.