This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 Security Updates

berto35
Rising Star II

I have the Zenfone 9 and after I saw that the Zenfone 10 will get 4 years of security updates I felt that I was the Asus Zenfone 9 guinea pig. There's not big difference between the Zenfone 9 and the Zenfone 10 and I feel that the Zenfone 9 buyers should be rewarded for buying the Zenfone 9 because we take the risk of the first edition when the phone was not well known and to get things worse Asus doesn't have trade in program and nobody takes Asus phone as trade in.  Asus if you see this post please extend the security updates at least to 3 years, what am I suppose to do next year with this phone without security updates?

8 REPLIES 8

tochmi
Zen Master I

I don't think we're guinea pigs. Is ZF9 a test for ZF10? and ZF8, 7 6, 5, 4, 3, 2...

Come on!

We complain about everything, if Asus has 2 years of updates: bad. If you increase them: badly. Good luck to ZF10 buyers.
We have bought a phone with Android 12, it now has A13 and will upgrade to A14. ZF10 will reach A15.

Risk? If there are really serious problems, we will get a secure update. In September 2022 the ZF4 received a security update, some years after its release to the venra, do not you think?

[Zenfone] ASUS Zenfone Update for Meltdown and Spectre Vulnerabilities | Official Support | ASUS Glo...

You can mention all the previous Zenfone Phones that you want but you know the Zenfone 9 put Asus in the map and let everybody talking about it. And yes I complain because we deserve more for a $700 + phone specially when One Plus, Samsung, Pixel and iPhone do a lot better for similar prices.

The ZF9 didn't put Asus on the market.

There are some ROG Phones that say otherwise. ZF8 flip was also successful. In addition, due to the experience with the ROG, Asus brought part of the cooling technology for example to ZF9.

The Asus ROG is not for regular consumers it is for gamers and most of the people don't care about game phones, the same goes for game computers.  I live in USA and  if the Flip 8  was sold here I guess nobody knew about that phone or nobody bought it because I have not seen a person using it .  The Zenfone 9 brought more attention than any of the Asus phones because it's small size and good battery and many like the Zenfone 9/10 until they get to know that Asus offers only 2 year of software updates, many people don't buy them just for that reason.