This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 Photo thread!

Mattias_ASUS
Zenfone 9 is here and as many of you probably have seen, we got some pretty impressive cameras this time around!
So I propose a thread with some of our best pictures, the pics I will upload are taken by normal average people and without any enhancements.
p-20220801-122636.jpg
The picture above was taken with the camera's Light trail mode by a waterfall.
120 REPLIES 120

Star II
Hey has anyone tried Proshot camera app on the Zenfone 9 yet?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
informaticon12

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/243534#Comment_243534

Well, yes my ex phone had better camera but lacks of any stabilizer (poco X3 pro) i think it has the same sensor, nope the X3 had the Sony imx582 and the Zenfone had the imx766, it supposed be a upgrade but it was like a sidegrade, the good thing it's the 6 Axis stabilizer and hope and it can be better with time, or gcam mod improve it, also still a new phone in the scene, but overall for me it's good, not the greatest like i was thinking but still great

View post
Sadly your dog picture literally shows that the stabilizer doesn't work. Also there are certain reasons why the image is as bad as they are due to performance issues.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Pitek

Okay, I have Zenfone almost 2 months and I tested everything possibilites to make good photo or video. Unfortunately, where GCam helps with photos, there is no app to help with video.

Here is my video from holiday:

https://youtu.be/mDbfGL5bC88

All recorded by Zenfone 9 - 1080p 60fps. Why no 4k 60fps? Because videos drop/lag every few seconds. What now? I came back to home and check all videos recorded in 1080 60fps and it's lag/drop too. Less than 4k but also. Source videos have the same drops in the same place - it's not problem after rendering.

Have you got the same problems guys or it's my model problem? I'm really think to return phone. Video is very important for me.

View post
If you value video and want to stay on the zenfone, then grab mcpro24fps on play store. It supports HDR recording and has tons of features that are great for video. It easily beats the likes of the Iphones as well.
I would however recommend switching to sony. Their phones are much better suited for video recording as they not only have much superior and color accurate lenses but also SD card slots and the integrated software is on par with mcpro24fps if not better. For any person who values camera on their phones, sony is by far the best option.

fakeco14
Star III
Pitek

Okay, I have Zenfone almost 2 months and I tested everything possibilites to make good photo or video. Unfortunately, where GCam helps with photos, there is no app to help with video.

Here is my video from holiday:

https://youtu.be/mDbfGL5bC88

All recorded by Zenfone 9 - 1080p 60fps. Why no 4k 60fps? Because videos drop/lag every few seconds. What now? I came back to home and check all videos recorded in 1080 60fps and it's lag/drop too. Less than 4k but also. Source videos have the same drops in the same place - it's not problem after rendering.

Have you got the same problems guys or it's my model problem? I'm really think to return phone. Video is very important for me.

View post
Did you use a case for the underwater shots? I think the video shows that stabilisation is working relatively well though.

fakeco14
Star III

Hey has anyone tried Proshot camera app on the Zenfone 9 yet?

View post
I just tried it. Wideangle is without correction like in GCam: major distortion on the edges of the images! Maincam performance is better then with the Stock App but not better then Lightroom Mobile. Also RAW Support for the Maincam is very buggy.