This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 Photo thread!

Mattias_ASUS
Zenfone 9 is here and as many of you probably have seen, we got some pretty impressive cameras this time around!
So I propose a thread with some of our best pictures, the pics I will upload are taken by normal average people and without any enhancements.
p-20220801-122636.jpg
The picture above was taken with the camera's Light trail mode by a waterfall.
120 REPLIES 120

informaticon12
Star II
Welp i just had 12 days with this device and i already love it, perfect size and good camera, bit definitely had gcam installed i it it's a must, the stock one it's soooo bad, oversaturated colors and sharpness at max but also the hardware it's awesome, that stabilizer it's next level stuff anyways here one photo I took with it, this one it's without any post process
pxl-20221230-092520063.jpg
pxl-20221224-154538821.jpg
This one welp gcam+raw+Lightroom for Android

Honza
Star III
Sorry but these arent really some great picture on which you can evaluate a camera quality.
Native vamera app is trash, gcam helps but it has definitely some issues. I cant disable hdr on gcam without having wideangle camera vonpletely disorted and blurry.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
informaticon12

Welp i just had 12 days with this device and i already love it, perfect size and good camera, bit definitely had gcam installed i it it's a must, the stock one it's soooo bad, oversaturated colors and sharpness at max but also the hardware it's awesome, that stabilizer it's next level stuff anyways here one photo I took with it, this one it's without any post process

pxl-20221230-092520063.jpg

pxl-20221224-154538821.jpg

This one welp gcam+raw+Lightroom for Android

View post
Sadly there seem to be a lack of a proper gcam port. Those images you took look quite bad for the sensor in question, i've seen 200USD phones shoot better pictures. I suspect this has something to do with ASUS's rather poor implementation of the camera2API.

informaticon12
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/243520#Comment_243520

Sadly there seem to be a lack of a proper gcam port. Those images you took look quite bad for the sensor in question, i've seen 200USD phones shoot better pictures. I suspect this has something to do with ASUS's rather poor implementation of the camera2API.

View post

Well, yes my ex phone had better camera but lacks of any stabilizer (poco X3 pro) i think it has the same sensor, nope the X3 had the Sony imx582 and the Zenfone had the imx766, it supposed be a upgrade but it was like a sidegrade, the good thing it's the 6 Axis stabilizer and hope and it can be better with time, or gcam mod improve it, also still a new phone in the scene, but overall for me it's good, not the greatest like i was thinking but still great

Pitek
Star III
Okay, I have Zenfone almost 2 months and I tested everything possibilites to make good photo or video. Unfortunately, where GCam helps with photos, there is no app to help with video.
Here is my video from holiday:
https://youtu.be/mDbfGL5bC88
All recorded by Zenfone 9 - 1080p 60fps. Why no 4k 60fps? Because videos drop/lag every few seconds. What now? I came back to home and check all videos recorded in 1080 60fps and it's lag/drop too. Less than 4k but also. Source videos have the same drops in the same place - it's not problem after rendering.
Have you got the same problems guys or it's my model problem? I'm really think to return phone. Video is very important for me.